Lee03

Retrosexual, new movement for MEN!

Why should men be the "head of the household?"

Relationships work better when decision making rests equally on both parties shoulders. One person being "head" or "in charge" doesn't make a relationship, it makes for slavery.

Now, now, Don'trgo interjecting feminism here;)

All that is being said is that men should stand up to their responsibilities here. That does not mean makin' anyone else subserviant. though that can be fun when pay acted correctly.:)
A guy should be able to suck down a beer, then grab the tools and fix that drippy sink for his ole lady...then she can get around to fixing his chow.B|
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

All that is being said is that men should stand up to their responsibilities here

Heh and for that matter it goes both ways...women need to as well. It seems to be the new train of thought that people are not to be held responsible for there actions....they detatch themselves from the things they do. Its a load of crap...
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

A retrosexual knows how to say the Pledge properly, and with the correct
emphasis and pronunciation. He also knows the words to the Star Spangled
Banner.

I think i would fail that part, but then again, i don't think that part is all that important ......................... for me that is;)

PS: I am not a us citizen
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

the Retrosexual movement

I grew up in the country, and recently moved to the "big city". I am simply amazed at the complete lack of self sufficient people here. Metrosexuals don't know anything. I can't even find an auto parts store around here, WTF?

A Retrosexual gives a lady his seat on the bus/subway/etc.

Okay, speaking of this:

I was in the Charlotte Airport the other day, sitting down waiting to board the plane.

ALL the seats are packed, right? And I noticed there's like at least a dozen women standing around instead of sitting. So I get up out of my seat, and go stand by a pole, so one of them can sit down.

Lo and behold, some asshole guy trots over to my abandoned seat and sits down. It pissed me off. I didn't say anything to him, but I wish I would have. Guess I wasn't sure what I'd say.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

First, I'm not selling anything. I stated a supportive opinion. Second, in my world "homosexual" carries a masculine connotation. The term "gay" is not used by heterosexual males. Third, if you're annoyed at my choice of words, well, I don't know what to say about that.

I'll be out of town, camping, for several days. That's an informative statement meaning, I'm not trolling for anything. My line is out of the water.

um...

I know many hetero men who use the term "gay" when describing a homosexual male's orientation. I don't know where you're from, though. Maybe its different there.

Homosexual is a category which encompasses both gays and lesbians, gay typically referring to homosexual males, and lesbian typically referring to homosexual females.

good call. although most real men never bought into the whole metrosexual bullshit, so this term is meaningless just as metrosexual was.
Real men didn't adjust anything in their lives when gay TV came out. They also are not so caught up in trends that they care what is hot on TV, or what is in style.
Real men are often usually found wearing WORK UNIFORMS, be it a suit and tie, or a pair of cover-alls.
Real men still think gay jokes are funny, and still do not understand why someone takes it in the seat.

Thomas

First, I'm not selling anything. I stated a supportive opinion. Second, in my world "homosexual" carries a masculine connotation. The term "gay" is not used by heterosexual males. Third, if you're annoyed at my choice of words, well, I don't know what to say about that.

I'll be out of town, camping, for several days. That's an informative statement meaning, I'm not trolling for anything. My line is out of the water.

Your world eh? Yeah.. i've heard about that world. Its really small, and filled with closed minded people. Enjoy your camping trip.

Your world eh? Yeah.. i've heard about that world. Its really small, and filled with closed minded people. Enjoy your camping trip.

Yep! It's called Social Services and it's an unpleasant field to work in. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't. So it goes, too late now. To paraphrase Willie Nelson, "...(it) ain't the right life, but it's my life." I'm outta here. 8-{)

um...

I know many hetero men who use the term "gay" when describing a homosexual male's orientation. I don't know where you're from, though. Maybe its different there.

Homosexual is a category which encompasses both gays and lesbians, gay typically referring to homosexual males, and lesbian typically referring to homosexual females.

The difference is that I work in the field of mental illness, chemical dependency and substance abuse. Homosexual is masculine because I don't interact with happy men that are sexually confused.

I'm sorry...

I don't follow.

I don't understand how you're making the connection between homosexual referring to males, and some men being sexually confused. Could you explain further, because this doesn't make any sense. It seems like you're trying to connect two different issues.

I'm glad I have someone who doesn't need to be metrosexual, retrosexual or any kind of "follow others standards" sexual. Because he's not like the men here who think following a silly list like the one you posted, he's Super sexual! :)

There really aren't many men who think for themselves, are there? [:/]
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

There really aren't many men who think for themselves, are there? [:/]

Personally, I think you are right. But, I'm just gonna point out that in most conversations if i ever said "There really aren't many women who think for themselves, are there? [:/]" it'd be viewed as over-generalization and sexism. But, thats just a technicallity.
And, I don't think any of the guys on this forum are seriously looking at this list and writing down things they must do in the next few days. I think it's just kinda pointing out that while there is this "metro-sexual" craze going on, there is still a significant population of men that would choose not to immitate female grooming techniques (waxing, plucking, manicures, etc). Oh well.

"There really aren't many men who think for themselves, are there? [:/]"
------------------------------------------------------------
There is an old saying: "be careful what you wish for, it might come true!" I blame the "feminists", feminazis if you will, and the general demands from women to "tame" men, to demand that men not be real men. You considered men unnecessary, didn't need men. All this bullshit. "Men are stupid", "boys lie" etc, etc. You've bashed men, railed against men, hated men, well, guess what? You got what you wished for, from a large section of the male population! Now you hear women whinning about how there are no real men, "where are the real men" You called men chavnist pigs when the tried to be gentelmen and open doors for you, pulled the chair out for you. you laughed at the old fashon ways. You didn't appreciate being up on the pedestal. You have reaped what you sowed! You've made you bed, now quit whnning and lay in it!
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

What the hell are you talking about???

"Men are stupid", "boys lie" etc, etc. You've bashed men, railed against men, hated men, well, guess what? You got what you wished for,

You called men chavnist pigs when the tried to be gentelmen and open doors for you, pulled the chair out for you.

#1 If complaining about men lying means that that changed, then great!
#2 I never complained that men lie, nor did I say that I hated men.
#3 Some of us did not grow up in the 50s, and we think it's very odd when a guy pulls out the chair. I do not like it. Real men respect a women's wishes and do not feel the need to perform silly tasks to feel like a man.

Now you hear women whinning about how there are no real men, "where are the real men"

You won't hear me saying that. I know there are "real" men out there. There may not be many, but I'm lucky to have "real" men in my social circle.

You didn't appreciate being up on the pedestal.

This is where you get extremely confused. Buying me things, opening my door, pulling out my chair and other acts of being a "gentleman" do not put me up on a pedestal. Respecting my wishes, listening to me, and being honest with me are the things that show me a guy is a true gentlemen. I'll repeat: a real man does not have to do silly tasks to feel like a man. Baking a cake doesn't make me feel like a woman.

I was not speaking specifically of you, I was speaking in general terms!

Well, generally, heterosexual people are always going to complain about the opposite sex. Disliking how others live their lives and testing their manhood because of it does not make you more of a man. Rebelling against the fake pressure of society to conform to the standard of A&F men does not make you more of a man.

I like the list - It's missing some generalities about fathering and fatherhood.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I like the list - It's missing some generalities about fathering and fatherhood.

You are NOT allowed to see a shrink because Daddy didn't pay you enough
attention. Daddy was busy DEALING WITH IT. When you screwed up, he DEALT
with you.

Nope. It had them in there too :)