EDYDO

Ex-President to Skydive Again

Why is this thread turning into political bickering? I think it's cool an old man wants to jump and feel the wind in his face again. I'd think the same thing if it was a democrat. The guy wants to skydive. Just leave it at that.

Who's bickering? I'm just curious how Vertifly thinks George H. Bush is going to write-off charitable donations made by other people.

--Douva
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

What a bunch of partisan hacks here.

Here's a very public guy wanting to make a skydive - which is excellent for our sport. And all you guys can do is pound on him for reasons completely unrelated to skydiving (except Kallend this time, that comment did relate to jumping). So if JK can restrain himself on this post, what's up with the rest of you?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

There is a photo of a previous jump with his cheststrap just under his chin. Hey guys, please get him a better fitting rig this time!!!Ed

And that was a custom made rig too, setup exactly like his military rig was with the handles etc. Hopefully he doesn't smack his head on exit this time either.

Remind him to bend his knees, if he still can:S
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Agreed--charging me $100 to watch a one-term-wonder make an AFF jump is horses**t. I already have a TS clearance, why the hell should I pay to see him PLF?

Can someone clarify if the $100 donation is being forcefully/involuntarily imposed on anyone?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

setup exactly like his military rig was with the handles etc

Not really.

Its was basically a standard rig, with a collin's lanyarnd, RSL and two AADs, one for the main and one for the reserve. Atleast that is what it looked like when I saw it a few months ago.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Didn't they send a couple of GK's or SOCOM guys to be his jumpmasters? Wonder what the TDY costs were to you and I, not to mention the additional costs of the US Secret Service for securing the area...

As applied equally for all ex-presidents whether you agree with their philosophy or not. At least this gives a sport we care about some positive press.

Can someone clarify if the $100 donation is being forcefully/involuntarily imposed on anyone?

Ok, everyone should know something. The actual logistic planning hasn't even happened yet! Basically until it does, everything is rumors. The only things that are for sure are these things:

1. Bush is jumping
2. the GKs are conducting the jump
3. It will be at the Bush Library

How do I know this stuff? The director of the Bush Library is not only friends with 41, but he's a jumper at my DZ, he's also involved with all the stages of the planning.

How do I know this stuff? The director of the Bush Library is not only friends with 41, but he's a jumper at my DZ, he's also involved with all the stages of the planning.

uh ohh security leak!!!

As to the rig, is this the new rig you're talking about or his first one? On his first one he didn't have a boc nor a rol, it was about where his cutaway handle would have been which I believe is the same placing for the pilot rigs. Correct me if I'm wrong, just didn't know if you were talking about his new rig or the old one
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

I was talking about his "old" rig I guess, it was "his" rig, so I'm not sure if there's more then one. You've really got me questioning my memory now...I might have to dig out those pictures if I can find them and look.B|

They all skydive with GKs and SOCOM guys? Wow, I really want to see Clinton's AFF video...all those cheesburgers would make arching easy for him...:P

Don't be obtuse on purpose. They all enjoy the same commitment to security.

What a bunch of partisan hacks here.

Here's a very public guy wanting to make a skydive - which is excellent for our sport. And all you guys can do is pound on him for reasons completely unrelated to skydiving (except Kallend this time, that comment did relate to jumping). So if JK can restrain himself on this post, what's up with the rest of you?

GHWB was an OK president, even if we lip-read better than he would have liked. Pity Jeb got the smart genes, rather than George II.

It was GHWB that defined "Voodoo economics".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Didn't they send a couple of GK's or SOCOM guys to be his jumpmasters? Wonder what the TDY costs were to you and I, not to mention the additional costs of the US Secret Service for securing the area...

As applied equally for all ex-presidents whether you agree with their philosophy or not. At least this gives a sport we care about some positive press.

I've jumped with the GK's. Does that make ME special too?B|

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Did you know that if you take the words "Mother in Law" you can use the letters to spell "Woman Hitler"?

The jumpmasters on both of the previous jumps were Andy Serono and Glen Bangs.

Here is to another high profile jump! I hope it continues to help the sport of skydiving grow and at the same time provides for a good cause.

Back to your political Blah Blah now...