EDYDO

Ex-President to Skydive Again

Today's paper has a writeup about George Bush's next skydive at age 80. There will be a $100 fee for spectators with proceeds going to charity.

There is a photo of a previous jump with his cheststrap just under his chin. Hey guys, please get him a better fitting rig this time!!!

Ed

Would that be his favorite charity, D. Cheney and company?. Fuck them

I suppose you are referring to the Haliburton charges for delivering gasoline by truck into Iraq. I don't pretend to know what that is worth, but man, can you imaging what that would be like?

Ed

No, I'm very confident in my ability to react to problems. But I was concerned with the landing. It had to be perfect standup. I was worried about a broken leg or something due to older more brittle bones. My wife has 4 other sisters and they threatened me with my life if I broke their mother up. B| Luckily that day, there was a bit of wind and the landing was perfect. B|

Glad that I am not the AFF jumpmaster doing the instruction work for him. I heard that the last jump he did was a disaster! :o

Why not, this guy has had a chauffeur since he was 3-years old and probably never wiped his own ass either. Now, at the age of 80, we are expecting him to save his own life by pulling! :S

Once a jackass, always a jackass. >:(

I completely missed that. I see what he's saying now. Ha! No, seriously believe it or not, I get along with my Mother-in-law better than just about everybody in my family. She's a great lady. She absolutely loved the jump. She got an entire page dedicated to her in the Eufaula Tribune (Eufaula, AL) and somebody also posted the story on dz.com. I heard recently that the story made Senior's Circle Magazine. I'm thinking about becoming her promoter. ;)

I think that's excellent. It increases the respect for the man that I already have. I took my 72 year old Mother-in-law on a tandem skydive over Thanksgiving.

That's cool about the jump with your mother-n-law. And George too. I plan on bringing a 90 yr old guy to the dz next year who will end up being the oldest living person to skydive... at 91. "Larry" looks like a little Jonny Carson. He can walk and talk good but i'm a little worried about his heart or something. Any Advice ? We'll take him for a front seat ride first. See how it goes.

Gee, don't hold back.>:(

By the way you are aware that he already saved his own life by pulling years ago. That would have been during WWII. When he was shot down. Where was his chauffer then?:P

I have a lot more respect for this man than any of the morons trying to be in the limelight today.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Be VERY careful with him. They usually don't get around too well. It's especially hard to maneuver them around in the airplane. We went out of a C-182. Something bigger would be nice. They're kind of brittle and will break easier than you or me. I'd do it on a day with some wind and make sure you have a soft landing. I wouldn't push it. Good luck! That will be one for the books.

Yeah, your probably right, at least he wasn't allowing any interns to blow him.

I rarely do hold back. :o I was in the military under GW-I. Most marines seemed to like the guy, but I personally think that (once again) there were more hidden agenda's than the general public is not aware of (and should be). Not only that - we continue to pay for these agenda's today.

Do you think that oil is worth the lives that we spend? Gimme a break man. There are plenty of arguements either way. http://hiddenwars.com/ Take a look at this flik and get back to me. I'm not bitter about it, but dude, lets face some facts.

Instead - Lets all get together, pay 80-bucks to go watch former president Bush skydive, have the money go to a charity (hopefully it isn't charity that the government should be funding in the first place), and watch him write of the charity at the end of the year during tax season. Dude, gimme a break, we could go back and forth all day. In the end, he's just an old man that stills brings some attention and calls himself the philanthropist/republican. :D LOL

Lets all get together, pay 80-bucks to go watch former president Bush skydive, have the money go to a charity (hopefully it isn't charity that the government should be funding in the first place), and watch him write of the charity at the end of the year during tax season.

Do you understand how a tax write-off works?
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Why is this thread turning into political bickering? I think it's cool an old man wants to jump and feel the wind in his face again. I'd think the same thing if it was a democrat. The guy wants to skydive. Just leave it at that.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”