chuteless

Al Qaeda nuclear weapons

"I dont fear someone who wants 100 nuclear bombs. I fear the man who only wants 1" ?

Steven Segal? Harrison Ford? I remember hearing that line in an action movie, years ago.

-
Jim

It was either the Sum of All Fears (Ben Afflack, Morgan Freeman)
or
The Peacemaker (George Clooney)

I don't remember which

In the Peacemakers Nicole Kidman said, "I don't fear the man that wants 10 nuclear warheads, but I'm terrified of the man that only wants one".

never pull low......unless you are

I think some of you aremissing my point here.

Im not saying one should not be prepared...Im saying the government should be going after these freakos with greater intensity who are buying and/or selling suitcase bonmbs.

They should be speninf their time trying to prevent such a disaster...not waiting until one happens and then tell the people to "duck under your desk"

Priorities gentlemen

Bill Cole

What's the Canadian government doing to help?

never pull low......unless you are

"I dont fear someone who wants 100 nuclear bombs. I fear the man who only wants 1" ?

Steven Segal? Harrison Ford? I remember hearing that line in an action movie, years ago.

-
Jim

It was either the Sum of All Fears (Ben Afflack, Morgan Freeman)
or
The Peacemaker (George Clooney)

I don't remember which

In the Peacemakers Nicole Kidman said, "I don't fear the man that wants 10 nuclear warheads, but I'm terrified of the man that only wants one".

From The Sum of All Fears (2002):

Cabot: We've also gotta choose someone else to face off against besides the Russians all the time.

President Fowler: Really? Let's see. Who else has 27,000 nukes for us to worry about?

Cabot: It's the guy with one I'm worried about.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

You neatly dodged my remark.

If things were somehow upside-down, and those quotes were made by Christian leaders, I believe they would, at best, be sneered at, because everybody knows they were made by intolerant, insecure, hypocritical, bible-thumping, overweight, sweaty, pompadoured bigots...yet - these quotes by Muslim leaders seem to be treated as sincere.

Perhaps they are (and perhaps moneys will fly out of my butt), but even so, it appears that one man's fanatic Jihadi is another man's "seeker of religious truth", or at least, that's the way it looks from here.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

>If things were somehow upside-down, and those quotes were made
> by Christian leaders, I believe they would, at best, be sneered at,
> because everybody knows they were made by intolerant, insecure,
>hypocritical, bible-thumping, overweight, sweaty, pompadoured
>bigots...yet - these quotes by Muslim leaders seem to be treated as
>sincere.

?? I heard a lot of Christian religious leaders expressing sympathy and support for the 9/11 victims while condemning the terrorists. I didn't see a lot of people claiming they were intolerant or overweight. I mean, I saw a few disparaging comments, but no more so than the number of disparaging comments along the lines of "kill all the arabs."

>it appears that one man's fanatic Jihadi is another man's "seeker of
>religious truth", or at least, that's the way it looks from here.

Definitely; it's been that way for about twenty centuries now.