tuffyjensen

Singer 188 K1

Anyone have any experience or advice on if the Singer 188 K1 is a good machine to be utilized for rigging or not. Thanks for your help.

It could be, but it is a lighter duty model and has a small arm. A person would need to want to own it partially because of its historical value.

By the way, most of my rigging work is done with the 1954 Singer 185 that my grandmother gave me years ago. (But I don't do much heavy duty work.) I have other machines but there is something special about grandma's.

Hi Gary, that is what I was thinking, maybe use it for mostly doing patches. It is for sale by an estate, they are asking $300 and it is in pretty good shape, the table is in excellent condition. If I get it for a couple hundred, I would assume that would be a good deal. Any thoughts on value, I seen a complete refurbished sold for $500.
Be Safe and Have Fun, in that order!
Tuffy

Tuffy,
That is a great machine if it is in good shape.

Rags from PD uses the same machine in his setup at PIA every two years. ( well, he missed the last one).

The 188K has the same hook and race assembly has the 31-15. This makes it easy for parts. It has a wide range of abilities and IMHO the best canopy sewing machine around.

It does have a shorter arm length than the standard machines, but for someone starting out, it is good enough.

It also has reverse, just in case you were wondering.....

Cheers,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com