sid

Packing Instruction

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have a study guide for pro-packing on the web site http://www.sidsrigging.com under skydivers information.
There will soon be a cd-rom available at my on-line store that has an extra 11 video clips and a photo slide show, but the basic course can be viewed for free.
pd
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Okay - the cd-rom is now available at the web site http://www.sidsrigging.com

Those that reviewed it for me found it useful, the pages that are for free on the web site are enhanced on the cd with more illustrations, 12 video clips and a photo slide show. In all over 350 mbs of data that you can view on any pc with a browser and windows media player.
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Just a little advise, I think you could attract more potential buyers if you 'tease' them with a little 'clip' pictures nowadays are not well received.

My 2 cents.

I just looked at the library of clips and the smallest one is 5.2 mb. I am pretty sure that's too much to upload here isn't it? (sorry, I'm new around here - don't know too many of the rules),
Pete Draper,

there is a short video clip showing a flaked canopy and the line groups on a demo page on my site. This was the smallest file size (they were saved for a cd-rom so now downloading considerations) and it is meant to be viewed following the preceeding clip which actually demonstrates the flaking process. It's 5 mbs so could take a while to download on a dial-up (sorry).
The url is here http://www.sidsrigging.com/Articles/packing/packing_demo.htm

and the cd can be viewed here http://www.cafeshops.com/sidspecialties
hope that everyone has a safe and fun-filled weekend, now excuse me I need more coffee "SHARON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Hey - someone turned Spring on again in Central New York
Sid
Pete Draper,

a couple of people said that they had trouble viewing the video clip - because they didn't have Windows Media Player 9.

So I edited all the video on the cd-rom and included it as both wmv and MPeg files. The cd now has 600 mbs of data! I included a sample mpeg file on the demo page at http://www.sidsrigging.com/Articles/packing/packing_demo.htm

warning - it may take a while to download, the whole idea of putting the guide on cd was that I didn't have to worry about download times or sacrifice image quality

pd
Pete Draper,

hey - I wrote that music too!!!!!!!! (Don't know whether you enjoyed it or not - I'm just showing off) thanks for the comment about the clip though,

(incense on the way, pass the patchouli?)
Pete Draper,

hey - I wrote that music too!!!!!!!! (Don't know whether you enjoyed it or not - I'm just showing off) thanks for the comment about the clip though,

(incense on the way, pass the patchouli?)

Nothing wrong with the music, if you wrote it, well, great, just making a comment for so unusual 'soundtrack' OOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM :P

Heh... Reviving this thread 5 years later...

Is the free web-based guide still available online? I can't find it on your site anymore.

Thanks!

When I wrote that I wasn't very good at optimizing things and my bandwidth was getting eaten up. Since then I've had a few people ask me about it and I've sent the old site out to them burned on a cd rom, but since this is the 4th inquiry in about 2 weeks I guess it's time to resurrect it. :)
I plan on zipping the entire old packing parachutes site and making it available as a download early next week, I'll post a link to it here when it's done........ keep'em peeled it'll be available as a stand alone download soon........
Pete Draper,

When I wrote that I wasn't very good at optimizing things and my bandwidth was getting eaten up

How about publishing on youtube or google-video?

it's an html document no videos but lots of pictures. It'll probably be available by the end of the day, I just needed a prod to start the project.... I'll put up the old packingparachutes site as a download, then next week I'll go through it to make sure any broken links are corrected and reload it.........
Pete Draper,

Heh... Reviving this thread 5 years later...

Is the free web-based guide still available online? I can't find it on your site anymore.

Thanks!

5 fucking years! Really? Damn I'm getting so old.... okay it's back http://www.sidsrigging.com/ this is the old packing parachutes website, a couple of the external links may not work, but the general study guide does. I'm going to go through it, make a few revisions and then upload an updated version in a few weeks.........
Pete Draper,