Brains

Ever just get tired of it??

Amen.

I love skydiving and still a little scared of it with only around 110 jumps. I make excuses not to jump sometimes because of that fear but you know sometimes I can't spend every fin weekend at the dropzone. I have this little thing with four walls and a roof and a huge yard called a house.... and those take a huge amount of work. I have 3 dogs. I love them and dont want to leave them alone all the freaking time. and million other things I need to do every week. I am basically a two weekend a month skydiver. I know my skill level won't go up as fast as others but oh well...
It is also financial... I can't make 10 jumps a weekend. That = $800 a month.. aint gonna happen.
Why do some people have such a hard time with this?

I hear ya...I've made excuses for myself not to go up on the first load time and time again...maybe it's a tiny bit of fear again, maybe it's just 'Why bother?' -But I tell ya, as soon as I touch earth again I remember what it was all about, and I want to do it again...:)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I have this feeling a lot, never more so than the last year. Unlike you, many things changed for me: I have a best friend that went in a couple years back and is still on the road of recovery, another aquaintence that died last summer (RIP Roger), I moved halfway across the state from my DZ, I don't have my own gear (no harness/container or reserve), and my boy will turn 2 this summer. Personally, there are more inportant thing in my life than jumping. I can't fathom putting my life at risk for fun and having something unforseen happen and leaving my innocent boy without a father. I would rather spend my sunny days playing frizbee or teaching my son to ride a bike, or taking him to the pool than leaving him at home and jumping out of a plane. I think of selling my gear all the time, but I decide not to because I always go back. Over the last few years, I have logged more pack jobs than jumps. The desire is gone, but the love and respect for the sport is still there. I still think of myself as a member of the skydiving community and would lend a hand to any fellow jumper (although I have not jumped since Labor Day). Brains, I think it is a part of life. Every year, wether you want to or not, you re-evaluate your life and make changes, and some things fall by the way-side. Skydiving happens to be one that does for many people. You are not alone, brother.[:/]

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

Oh yeah, I've been there. In fact, I started a thread about this a few months ago, and I got some excellent advice and got the love back pretty quick.

So take a look here and see what yer fellow DZ.commers had to say, it helped me a lot.

http://www.dropzone.com/forum/Skydiving_C1/General_Skydiving_Discussions_F18/Anyone_gotten_burned_out_on_skydiving_P811120
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Not yet with skydiving.

I have had this several times with regard to my climbing career. I once spent 2 months in the Valley (Yosemite) and climbed a bunch of walls, and then went to Canadian rockies after that for another weeks. By the end of that trip I swore that I wouldn't climb for at least a year.

. . . . .after about a month or so of no climbing I was ready to go again. Just take some time off dude!! Spend a couple months pursuing something new or maybe a sport or hobby that you did before you got into jumping..

cheers,

J.P.

Don't sell your stuff, just stop going to the same place every weekend. Go somewhere different each month, so it won't be so mundain.
And when are you coming to OkC, yeah, I can't remeber what you told me?

"Sacrifice is a part of life. It is supposed to be. It's not something you regret . It's something to aspire to." Mitch Albom

Is this cause of my sloppy exits out of the T Bo??:P

Actually jumps like that are the ones i enjoyed the most. :)

And when are you coming to OkC, yeah, I can't remeber what you told me?

Be there Sunday afternoon through wed. morningB|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.