Girlfalldown

Dreams and knowing when you'll die

I've been having some very vivid dreams recently and usually wake up laughing about how bizarre they are but in the 8 minutes between snooze this morning I had a dream that truly fucked my head up.
There were a lot of little things that went on but it's too complicated to explain here so I'll just tell you the weirdest parts.
It starts off at a dropzone. I made a jump and had a wicked hard opening that knocked me out. While I was out I was visited by something that I guess most would call angels or god or something of that sort. I was told how I would die and I was given the exact date. They told me this was a dream inside of a dream and they were going to send me back for now.
I awoke still in my dream and landed my canopy. When I landed my rig was torn to pieces as well as my jumpsuit.
There's a lot of other stuff that happened at this point but I don't see any relevence to the rest of the dream. Anyway, I woke up knowing when I would die.
They said I would forget how when I woke up. I have.

The whole thing has me completely freaked out.
I've written the date down though...

Not really, he narrowly escapes death because hes having a dream about a giant rabbit telling him when the world will end. Turns out very weird in the end, as at the exact time the rabbit said the world will end, he goes back in time and decides not to avoid his own death. Maybe you'll just get into a time vortex thing when that time comes.

A bunch of people that I've spoken to today (myself included) have been having really f***ed up dreams for the past few nights. Maybe there's something going around...

Personally if I had a dream like the one described I think I'd just do what I do normally and try not to let it affect me. If it's true then it's true and there's nothing you can do about. If it's not then it won't happen. Either way there's no way to know and I'd try not to let it change anything.

It might be a way of suggesting to reassess your life. One of those "if you were to die tomorrow would you be satisfied with your life?"

Just a thought, I'd say don't worry about it :)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Wow ... this isn't an easy topic to address Shannon. :S On one hand I'd say that your imagination is just playing games with you, but then on the other hand may something [insert twilight zone music here] weird and beyond our comprehension [/insert twilight zone music here] is happening. One thing is for sure. We will all die sooner or later and I know I personally am not going to shy away from participating in the activities that I know and love just because I'm afraid that one day I will die.

Hopefully this date will come and pass and you will know that you've only just got an active imagination. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm not really worried. If I go by what this dream told me I have a nice long life ahead of me. If anything I never thought I'd grow that old!

Maybe this will get me to go out and enjoy more things and not be worried about death. For the record, I really wasn't worried about it in the first place but I have noticed that I sometimes put things off, fun things that I really want to do. I think I'll go do them now :)

just one question: would it make a difference if you knew the exact day you pass on to the next world?

would it make a difference if it was next week, next year, in five years from now? would you squeeze something into the ime left or would you change something in your live just because you know or would it go on just the way it goes?
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

If dreams I had would have come true, I would have been dead a long time ago. I think death in dreams (at least in my case) has meaned saying goodbye or losing things.

I've had dreams about different things were death came about, usually of people I knew and sometimes about myself.
When I look back at them, they made sense. I moved to the US, sort of said goodbye to friends.. even though I still talk to them, I am not around them anymore.

Those were the people that died in my dreams. A lot of them were skydivers, because my friends were skydivers. Those deaths (in my dreams) were usually skydiving related. I remember one really well were several of my friends "went in" in my dream. This never came true, but I think it had to do with me saying goodbye to them.

There is usually a message in dreams, not really predicting anything I think, but it is related to what's on your mind right now.

Just my 2 cts.

Iwan

Well I'm thinking of it more as a "hey you're not going to die anytime soon so stop moping and live your life" dream

2067. I'll be 95.

The women in my family tend to live a long time. My great grandmother lived to be over a hundred. My grandmother is in her 80s now.

The men on the other hand don't seem to do so well.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

The women in my family tend to live a long time. My great grandmother lived to be over a hundred. My grandmother is in her 80s now.

The men on the other hand don't seem to do so well.

If I were a man in your family, I'd start being nicer to the women. :) They probably don't accept any responsibility for what is going on, but I sense some conspiracy here. :ph34r: