Dave1216

Bought Rig From Ebay. Rip Off!?!? Robin Lau, NY

Hello Dave,

I believe that Rusty Vest, our Customer Service Representative, has already replied to your email. However, to reiterate for the benefit of those present on this forum: Performance Designs will not do artwork on a reserve, as it would be in violation of the TSO. The only possible way that "Oh Crap" could be on a reserve, would be if the owner applied it after they received it.

Based soley on this fact, it is pretty safe to say that "Oh Crap" is "Full of Crap."

Good luck to you on the recovery of your payment. I truly hate to see skydivers taking advantage of skydivers. I hope this is not the case.

Gillian Parker
Marketing Representative
Performance Designs, Inc.
[email protected]
www.performancedesigns.com

Ummmm, next time think a little harder about the situation. I know it hurts, but did you really think someone was going to sell you a rig for $1500 that has a "street" value of over $5500?

If looks too good to be true it probably is.

Oh. The "custom" reserve was a dead givaway. PD wouldn't do that.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Is it possible to do reverse searches from phone numbers in the US. Ie, get his address from his phone number?

Type the number in a Google search. If he has a listed number it will give you all you need.

P-
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

The add on Ebay says the reserve handle says OH CRAP not the reserve. It should be easy to contact Mirage to see who that rig was made for. That doesn't mean you paid the person mirage made it for but it is a start.

Always get the Serial ## and send your payment US mail as it becomes a federal offense if they cash it and dont send you the product you purchase.

It is Mail fraud and the post master likes to go after people nothing else to do I guess.

Chris.

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

READ the ad more carefully.

"The Reserve is also a PD Reserve 176 With zero jumps. The Reserve is custom made as well it is all white with Black Lettering "Oh Crap" across the center of the canopy"

What Clownburner said!

Big ticket items should be handled through an escrow service - there's just too much at stake to take a chance.

Hope you don't get burned on this, but...

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

you have 30 days to get your money back from paypal... u must move fast i got screwed on ebay on a pair of pants and managed a refund from paypal and ebay but u only have 30 days to start the process after that its useless i would start now theres no way u r gettin a rig for $1500.....:(
good luck
n blue ones.
dre

It is my understanding that Robin Lau is currently in jail awaiting trial for burglary and a few other things. One of the things that was found in his apartment was a rig that he had stolen from someone's apartment. He doesn't own gear and never even graduated AFF.

I am assuming that the stolen rig was the one that he tried to sell to you on Ebay. If you still have not gotten your money back, PM me and I can put you in touch with the person who had him arrested and maybe you can be involved in prosecuting him somehow.

-OK
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

I previously would've said that I'm perfectly comfortable buying/selling on Ebay, but that was before I got a weird email from someone about an item I was supposedly selling that he wanted details on. He suspected from different details that something was amiss, so he went though the 'about me' page, got our jewelry webpage address, then contacted me from the email there. Apparently someone had hacked into my Ebay account because I had a 100% rating and used my profile to email people who were bidding on items to sell them a similar item privately. They had changed my email address on my profile to theirs, then referenced my profile and rating to help make their sale. When the people replied, it went directly to them so I had no idea what was going on. Turns out I sold a BUNCH of stuff! Treadmills and all sorts of crap. Poor people could only make a complaint to Ebay. I did so myself with all of the emails I got after I changed my profile back about items people had never received from me, but Ebay was pretty unconcerned it seemed. A form letter that they would check into it, but that's it. Same to the first guy who notified me what was going on.

So these people were all screwed, she/he even signed my full name to her emails to them, and I'm not sure what they can do about it. I felt pretty bad and now I'm leary about buying or selling on Ebay.

Pammi