Marz

8 years, 12 steps

Exactly like that.
I have not actually had occasion to buy since my return to the sport. Back in the day I bought the beer and drank it too.

My decision is that I will give money to someone else and let them buy. That way I honor the spirit of the tradition without compromising my own rules which state unequivically that not only will I not drink any alcohol, but I wont walk into a store and buy it for anyone else either.

I also leave before the beer starts flowing. That part isnt nearly as much fun as the jumping part anyway B|

I buy cartons of beer when necasary, but I'll also buy a carton of Pepsi Max occassionaly too, that way I get to drink aswell:D.
I ussualy stay over at the DZ so when the drinking starts, if it gets annoying (as it can do), I'll go for a walk to the Landing area and check out stars and clouds, or I'll turn in early and pisss\ everyone off in the mornig by waking them up and trying for a Dawn Load:D:D:D:D That don't often happen but I still wake them anyways;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well 2 years for me too on the 18th, Scotty;)

looks like I am in good company here. I started jumping after I got into recovery. Now, 100+ jumps and less than a year aafter starting, skydiving has given me opportunity where at one time it was non-existent. Thanks for sharing, :P

"Make your plans dark and as inpenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt" -Sun Tsu

rocket

Today's the day. 8 years! Who'd have thunk it!
Life has changed dramatically! Beyond your wildest dreams is right...

I'm sure some of you get the reference in the thread title. Feel free to post or PM depending on your preference...

Marz

congrats for sure. ihave been living one day at a time myself so i totaly understand your joy. keep it up and keep coming back;)

peace

mcgowan

all i have seen teachs me to trust the creator for all i have not seen