Austin

Seattle anyone??

Well, as of about half an hour ago, it looks like I'm gonna be working in the Seattle area at Boeing for at least the summer (I'm graduating in May). It's an internship, but could possibly turn into a full time job!!!

Anyway, what are the great dz's out there in Washington??

Austin

Well as we were climbing to altitude at Snohomish you can see the Boeing plant in Everett just to the WEST of Snohomish.
The Grand Caravan does make surprise appearances before coming to stay for 3 months in July.

But there are other DZ.. and Kapowsin has the best with Turbines.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=941522#941522

Summer weather here RAWKS.. but in the spring there is plenty of jumping when the weather clears.. or you can do all the H&P you could every wish for. Sat was like that all day.. Sunday was Caravan day and we got off load after load to 13k at Snohomish.

Boeing puts together planes in Everett and Renton. If you end up living / working near Renton, Kapowsin is probably closer. If you are near Everett, Snohomish is like 7 miles away as the 172 flies in FlightSim 2004. ;)

Which DZ you prefer is about vibe and related details, so you should go to both, talk to people who like both, find out the "issues" with both, and go from there.

And just so I don't seem too impartial, I would like to point out that Snohomish is 3/4 surrounded by a gorgeous farming valley and has good places to eat 3 minutes away (a.k.a. "downtown Snohomish", oxymoron though that be).

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Ya know, flame me all you want, because I just don't care anymore. I am so sick and tired of hearing about how great the NW dropzones are. True, I have not visited all. That must be said. But what I have experienced has been nothing but snobbish attitudes compared to what I am used to, and one NW dz was so rude to me I have vowed to never return. Not one person has ever reached out and invited me to join them, meet them, etc. when they knew I was new to the area, and when I have tried to do that, I have been denied. I am tired of it. New England rules, but the NW, in my opinion, has been nothing but snobby. [:/]

On that note, welcome to the area, :)

[It's an internship, but could possibly turn into a full time job!!!

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA !! I was there for 13 years and after those ASSHOLES laid me off for the second time I actually moved out of state. Fuck them, I'd rather be a gay whore than go back.

Anyway, if you're looking for a place to jump, there is Harvey Field in nearby Snohomish, a perpetual Cessna DZ, and then there's Kapowsin, which has an Otter. Boeing DOES have a Skydiving Club, which has a deal with Kapowsin if I'm not mistaken. Soon as they give you a compooter, go to the company's Recreation League site and look up the club.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Kate .. I have not seen you and your guy since you got here.. there is an open invitation to ANYONE in the Seattle area to come on out to Snohomish on ANY Saturday and Sundayand you will love the vibe...but we only get the big airplane once in a while.. and that is in the summers.

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA !! I was there for 13 years and after those ASSHOLES laid me off for the second time I actually moved out of state. Fuck them, I'd rather be a gay whore than go back.

I grew up in Seattle. I was happy to leave. When I visited a while back, the "dot com" industry colapsed and it seemed much more laid back. Not so fast paced.
Boeing workers were always going on strike every 6 months for this or that!

Depending on where you live or visit in the Seattle area, Blue Skies Skydiving south of Bremerton is a great little DZ. I did basically all my training there, and have called it not only my second home, but the regulars there are my "Local" family. A friendly place, that always welcomes new jumpers and old timers!