gowlerk

Juki ddl-555-4

Hi,
I've got a line on one of these, with a DC servo motor for $500.00. It's supposed to be very clean with little use. I'm wondering if anyone out there knows about these, and how large of a needle they will take. It sounds like it might be a good deal, but is there anything I need to look out for?

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I thought about a 31-15, but I'd like reverse. Plus they aren't getting any younger ya know. I may just keep my Singer 201-3, it is a domestic model, but it can take a size 20 needle and it turns a nice line of stitches, and is very well built.

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Not a wife type machine, Singer 201s haven't been made since the early 60's. Straight stitch, all gears, cast iron, ball bearings where most of the old domestics have bushings. 201s are a machinist's favorite, but only have domestic motors, not under table power.
Good machine, but I'm ready to move up.

Ken

I went to see it, not a servo motor, some kind of automatic controller that I don't understand. Thread trimmer that I don't need and too much money. Now I'm looking at an old Singer 96K-40 for $75.

Ken