kai2k1

Should I go to the ER for this?

Dude, I can't believe you posted your cut :P. If you were able to take the pic and type this thread and consider if you even need to go to ER, then you probably don't need to go. But it's really hard to gauge the seriousness in the pic.

May your thumb feel better and heal quickly.

-M
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

I think it was just a reason to get his post numbers up;)

Kai, sending big healing vibes for your thumb:D
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I sliced my thumb pretty bad, but i dont think it can be sutured. Should I head to the ER?

..... no no no stay away from the Professionals!!!!!!

I avoid the medical community when ever possible...
I tear up my hands a lot,, and while cuts and skin tears hurt alot more on fingers and fingertips.... they also ( at least for me) tend to heal very well... I'd say keep the cut open though,,, and personally would not seal it shut with anything,,, even though super glue is fun to play with :P B| i sometimes glue my fingertips together,, just for the hell of it...
But you should let that cut breathe and you may not want to seal in,,, anything that can start an infection Use that magic neosporin,,, and a bandaid,, during the day,,, but then open it up for a few hours at night,,, and if the band aid gets wet:o,,,, toss it... Dry the cut and then put on a new band-aid.. ( I carry a half a dozen in my wallet)....:)B|;);)......

I'm serious, super glue it closed and just keep an eye on it. They do it all the time in the OR.

Do they use cyanoacrylate or ethylacrylate? I don't know if medical grade superglue is a different chemical or if it is just purer or free from preservatives.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Come on Rick, your a skydivin trucker. Hell, Clint Easwood couldn't even fill those shoes!!!

Don't be a sissy boy ;)

Fire up that hibachi, pick a nice red briquette and place your thumb square in the center. That'll keep that puppy from infectin!!!

roflmao, I kill me,

jack

ps. don't you dare show up to the dz with a black thumb bitchin that you listened to me!!! B|
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Hehehe, reminds me of something I did a couple months ago... I was making slider bumpers for a main and I really had to go gung-ho on the scissors. Well I was holding the vinyl tubing in my hand and trying to crank down the scissors (bad idear) and took a slice out of my hand, in the palm. Wow, did that suck. After gobs of Neosporin and gauze, it was still oozing blood (yucky). Fortunately I was at the dz and the wonderful manifestors were my doctors. What sucked worse was that I had to continue that guys reserve repack, basically with 1 hand 1/2.

My take from the pic is you'll be alright, like I did, buncha gauze and neosporin. You'll prob have a scar, but hey, chicks dig scars ;)

OK GFD

I gotta say, quite clearly, you don't want to get your hand, superglue, and your, well, the thing that you would whack....

anywhere near eachother, though I'm sure it would make for a scene right out of American Pie...

Super glue, Hand, um, HELL NO!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Whats freaking me out worse, is the thought, that somewhere on this planet, that scenario has played itself out.

peace,

me
It's a gas, gas, gas...

I think it was just a reason to get his post numbers up;)

Yeah, but you seem to have gotten yours up by a bit also!

Not really, I was away from work for over a week and didn't have much access to a computer while on a road trip. But, I go back to work tomorrow, so the numbers will be getting back up there.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Good job, were you slicing a bagel ? If it were me, I'd wash it really well, wrap it up tight in a good ole Bandaid and say a few Hail Marys. I sliced the shit out of my thumb once back in the college days whilst cutting up a fresh hot loaf of whole wheat bread (my own, I might add...), on chili night. The Bandaid seemed to do just fine.

On the other hand, you probably did this a day or two ago now, so you're either dead or else getting better.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I'm serious, super glue it closed and just keep an eye on it. They do it all the time in the OR.

Do they use cyanoacrylate or ethylacrylate? I don't know if medical grade superglue is a different chemical or if it is just purer or free from preservatives.

Check this OUT There is a difference between the medical grade and the household variety but the later has been used in lieu of the medical grade quite often.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'm serious, super glue it closed and just keep an eye on it. They do it all the time in the OR

we had a guy at work wack his head on a missle fin and got a pretty nasty cut acros his forehead.... went to the er and what did they do,, wshed it and supperglued it together...... heck we could of done that at work........

i cut my pinkie finger with a utility knife i use for work, the blade stuck out 1/4" so i went to ER.
they used dermabond, (superglue), which is something i could have done myself... i say if you cut it deeper than you think, go to the ER. hope you get better:)

Kat