usernametaken

Websites of Skydiving container manufacturers

I am frustrated. Why is it so much easier to pick a canopy than a container and why are all the websites so outdated or lacking?

Jump Shack (especially), Rigging Innovations, and Aerodyne are worst offenders.

For instance, I have received info from manufacturers that differs from the info on their website.

All the aforementioned websites are out of date.

Icon, comes with cut-in laterals on all rigs, not just up to I4. This was a factor for me due to this thread and fit given my interest in FF.

Voodoo, while FF friendly, doesn't seem to know what fits in what size and tried to push me into Talon FX. No worries, but if you can't go to the website and take the info they state as law, what's the point?

Mirage website is detailed. Javelin's is OK, at best.

Infinity, not interested, nor am I interested in a Wing's container.

Get with the program!
"Think like a man of action; act like a man of thought." -Henri L.
Bergson

IN the case of RI, there is a significant difference between "what fits" and "what looks good."

When people are shelling out heavy coin for a rig, they generally want it to look sweet and svelte.
Voodoos aren't generally great for anything larger than a 170, and while a SabreII 170 will fit a V4 quite nicely, I thought you were looking for a 190-capable container?
I have a V3 with a 150 Storm and it looks great. It looked "pregnant" with a SabreII 150 in it. I didn't mind much, but it didn't allow the rig to look its best.
I had a Mirage with a Safire in it, can't recall the size of the Mirage, but it looked like a blivet. Wrong container size for the canopy size.

I am assuming, based on your previous posts, that you are very new to skydiving. Why the lack of interest in the Infinity or Wings?

I understand people have their own opinions, and should buy what they feel comfortable jumping, just questioning the motive behind the lack of interest.

I don't know what's wrong with Aerodyne's website? I've been on it frequently recently considering an Icon as my next rig. I love their website, very easy to navigate, and answered nearly all my questions. The only question it didn't answer was about pull-out systems, and within a few hours I had one of the nicest, most informative replies from a manufacturer.

Also, I jump a Javelin, so I'm not bias towards Aerodyne.

P.S. Cut in laterals won't change how well you freefly, I've done 500 jumps without em and I can fall just like my friends with em.

I am assuming, based on your previous posts, that you are very new to skydiving. Why the lack of interest in the Infinity or Wings?

I understand people have their own opinions, and should buy what they feel comfortable jumping, just questioning the motive behind the lack of interest.

You would assume wrong.

I am coming back to the sport after a fairly long layoff (I once owned and jumped an Excalibur).

First rig was a Racer, Vector, then Talon. First jump was a T-10.

I'm not a kid trolling about smaller gear either like in the Swoop forum. Hence, i resent the Velocity remark.

Is not allowed to have preferences or express an opinion, or what? I am not impressed with looks and/or fit of the Wings or Infinity containers. Sheesh, not everything opinion is meant to step on someone's toes.

I was never interested in a 190 till I read the thread about the I5 Icon and have been impressed with how their rig has evolved. But is between the Voodoo and the Icon as of right now.

Just to stay on topic, does anybody remember what it was about?
Bergson

P.S. Cut in laterals won't change how well you freefly, I've done 500 jumps without em and I can fall just like my friends with em.

I was just citing this as an example of what the website said and what was actually available and how they weren't the same. i.e. Out of date website and point of thread.

Thanks for the feedback.
Bergson

Which thread? You've started several regarding container questions.
Look...I'm a HUGE fan of the Voodoo. I've got three. Love the fit, can't rave enough about the support from RI. I bought my Voodoos after having received the first Talon FX in its class (third one off the assembly line).
I've had a Mirage, Stunts (really liked that one too), and an older Jav. I now own five RI rigs of various age.
I don't know why their site doesn't offer more specifics. If the canopy manufacturer doesn't ship them a canopy to shove into their tubes used for measuring...I don't know what else they can do.
I know that Sandy and Brenda really, really want happy customers so they don't just toss one at you because you tossed money at them. My Voodoos took nearly 3 months of lots of back n' forth because I wanted some special fits, cuts, designs. Sandy was meticulous. Took time, but if you've ever seen my Voodoos, you'll immediately know why. Ask Cocheese about jumping mine. He was in love.
Anyway...I don't know what your original question was outside of why websites are outdated. Maybe they don't have the revenue to justify the constant upkeep at the technical level?

You would assume wrong.

I am coming back to the sport after a fairly long layoff (I once owned and jumped an Excalibur).

I'm not a kid trolling about smaller gear either like in the Swoop forum. Hence, i resent the Velocity remark.

Is not allowed to have preferences or express an opinion, or what? I am not impressed with looks and/or fit of the Wings or Infinity containers. Sheesh, not everything opinion is meant to step on someone's toes.

I was never interested in a 190 till I read the thread about the I5 Icon and have been impressed with how their rig has evolved. But is between the Voodoo and the Icon as of right now.

Wow, I must have missed where I criticized you for your opinion [:/] I suppose my own curiosity is satisfied, so I'll just exit stage right. Good luck with your gear choice.

As long as I am assuming, I'd assume that the "velocity" that Terry was reffering to, is actually the Infinity, which is made by Velocity Sports.

You would assume wrong.

Wow, I must have missed where I criticized you for your opinion [:/] I suppose my own curiosity is satisfied, so I'll just exit stage right. Good luck with your gear choice.

As long as I am assuming, I'd assume that the "velocity" that Terry was reffering to, is actually the Infinity, which is made by Velocity Sports.

Slurp, I thought you were coming at me for being close-minded and not knowing something about the sport I should have. MY BAD and I apologize.

I really thought Terry was referring to a PD Velocity and not the rig. My bad AGAIN.

I have kept my "numbers to myself" for reasons that are really personal.

Doug, I agree with you about RI. The reason I bought my first Talon was at that time, it was clear to me that they were thinking and looking forward in a way I appreciated.

Furthermore, your comment about upkeep of websites and finances makes perfect sense. I forgot how small our sport it and no doubt it is hard to make a buck or two.

Thanks to all who clarified and I look forward to getting my knees in the breeze with everybody soon! :)
Bergson

".?,. I am coming back to the sport after a fairly long layoff (I once owned and jumped an Excalibur).,."

Excaliur main canopy?

or

Excalibur container?

or the car ? :P
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

".?,. I am coming back to the sport after a fairly long layoff (I once owned and jumped an Excalibur).,."

Excaliur main canopy?

or

Excalibur container?

canopy
Bergson