CazmoDee

Bonehead Mamba

I lost the "baking" instructions that came with my Mamba and couldn't find them on their website. A quick search on here and I'm good to go....question is, and I hope this doesn't sound too stupid, should the lens be removed first? Not sure how a 190 degrees will affect it. Should the lens frame be baked as well? [:/]

blues,

Cake
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313

you don't bake the whole helmet with a mamba, just remove the pads and bake them, then reinstall and put the helmet on. not sure about temps and such though.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Hey!

No, don't bake the whole helmet. Here are the instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 200 Fahrenheit or 80 centigrade. Note how the liner is installed in the helmet.

2) Remove the liner from the helmet and place THE LINER ONLY in the center of the oven on a piece of cardboard.

DO NOT HEAT TOP PAD, just ear and chin pieces

3) Turn Off the oven.

4) Leave the liner in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the heat permeates the liner.

5) Take the liner and THE CARDBOARD out of the oven.

6) Return the liner to the helmet.

7) Place the helmet on your head and position it comfortably.

8) Leave the helmet on your head until the helmet cools. Approximately 10 minutes.

**This above procedure can be repeated for a custom fit.

Practice putting the helmet on and taking it off before jumping it.

Always make sure your helmet is on straight during the cooling process. It forms the way you tell it to.

When you remove the ear pads from the oven, before you place them in the helmet pinch down the edges as follows:

When you place the helmet on your head and have it locked, tuck in the liner in any places it may be sticking out.

Remember that any areas you pinch or compress will remain that way permanently. Do this procedure only in places where it is absolutely necessary.

The helmet may be uncomfortable in the beginning. This is caused by the expansion of air bubbles in the liner at altitude. Be patient, the liner WILL break in and become more comfortable.

Hope you enjoy your helmet!

BH
Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites

Cool..thanks for the quick response..being the weekend and all....NOW, can I get some big stickers for my scooter? ;-)

10 Whistling Duck Lane
Key West, Florida 33040

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313