Conundrum

Wisdom teeth

Talking of vast amounts of tax, apparently now the higher earning limit is something like £31,000 and after that everything you earn is taxed at 40% Crazy huh!!! Grrrrr!

Bx :P
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

so the extraction may be... interesting."

I needed one removed about 3 years ago, so I told him to pull all four, and be done with it. Needless to say, the three strong ones were tough to get out.....he literally ended up squeezing them with pliers until they shattered, then pulled out the splinters.

It didn't hurt because of the Novacaine, but it was very unpleasant to hear all that racket going on in my head. It was like hearing 100 people run their fingernails down a chalkboard.:(

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Ow shit, my jaw is throbbing. I need to get these things yanked out. :(

Could be worse. You could have them pulled then have two grow back, only to have to be extracted again, years later. Think that's impossible? Think again.

Wow I always KNEW MonkeyOne was a FREAK!! :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Talking of vast amounts of tax, apparently now the higher earning limit is something like £31,000 and after that everything you earn is taxed at 40% Crazy huh!!! Grrrrr!

Bx :P

Yeah, sucks don't it. Unfortunately I'm part of the problem, but I'm handing in my notice tomorrow!

I have my wisdom teeth - in a bag on a shelf. Had them removed 5 years ago to make room in my jaw for another operation. Having the wisdom teeth out didn't hurt too much, though my face swelled up like Cartman.

The operation 2 years later was a b*tch though. 9 1/2 hours under, gums sliced, maxilla and mandible sawed, broken, repositioned, bolted together, gums sewn back up, jaw wired shut for 6 weeks. Oh, and my palate split as a side effect, so I had a long stitch hanging down the back of my throat, making me gag. The only reason I wasn't sick is that I knew I wouldn't be able to open my mouth.

Wisdom teeth out = ice cream and beer for a few days.

Bi-maxillial osteotomy = pureed food for 3 months.

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

I have an appointment to get mine out on May 17th.

That cracks me up...that's my birthday...:P:ph34r:B|:S

All this talk about teeth makes me want to brush them again...;)

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I thought that getting my wisdom teeth removed was a blast! I had all four taken out at once and anesthesia was so much fun!

I do whip its every now and then to reminisce about the surgery. Good times.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

they aren't that big of a deal. i got my 3 pulled, and 2 of them were impacted. They put you under for the surgery, and then give you really wussy narcotics for the pain. even then the pain is not a big deal. I was eating normal food a day after the surgery. Of course, i had to chew it like a rabbit, but within a week i could chew normally.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Ow shit, my jaw is throbbing. I need to get these things yanked out. :(

April 27th for me. All four of them will be yanked in one session (under GA). I'm excited and nervous. All of them grew in, but they grew in straight, and I use them when I chew food too. But, the dentist says they're just too difficult to keep clean and if they begin to decay, it will spread to the rest of my mouth. So, there it is...

Is it possible to have your wisdom teeth grown in, yet they not be "impacted" ? That's what someone said to me last week. I always thought that "impacted wisdom teeth" meant that they would grow in. ...

Got the warm salt water ready... :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I am getting mine out on May 14th. I have one impacted and decided to rip all four out just to avoid future issues. Can't say I am looking forward to it, but I have been putting it off for 3 years and would rather do it on my time schedule than on my teeth's if they decide to start aching.

Get em pulled!!

i had all four removed, 3 were impacted. i was not put under ga and it was a pain in the ass. and it kept hurting for a couple days later. i don't remeber who said they wanted their tonsils removed, but after how many years of having problems with them i had them removed last summer, that is one of the worst experiences of my life. maybe i was too old (25) but it hurt. i couldn't eat for 6 days. i lost 5.5 kilos in those days.

Thanasi

Hrm. Have all 4 of mine. and all 4 are severly impacted. But aside from the once a year event of the muscles that they originally tore through regrowing and being torn through again... its all good (i hate dentists... evil evil evil people.)

My wisdom teeth haven't come through yet, but I can see there being problems. I've also got 2 extra teeth in the roof of my mouth which are due to get pulled out sometime soon, had to have 2 teeth removed when I was younger to make space for brace.. blah blah...

Suffice to say I don't like the dentist much :D :P

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

Huh, funny timing to see this thread now... my gf just got hers (two only, luckily) yanked this morning. She's in on the couch in that not-so-happy stage between the surgery and when the pain subsides enough to really enjoy the drugs. I'm off to check on her...

Elvisio "changer of gauze" Rodriguez

Ugh! I hate wisdom teeth!:(>:( Mine have been giving me hell for two weeks and my whole mouth is killing me.The top 2 are are 1/2way in and the lower 2 are hurting like a B*^@#! I dont have the time,money or insurace to get them pulled so I'll just have to deal with it my way... painkillers and orajel.:S

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I woke up about 2am in some of the most incredible pain....turns out my jaw became infected and I crossed it off as muscle pain from working out....guess that is why I was having so many headaches.

Anyway, all four are coming out at 10am tomorrow. Just dropped off the prescription for Vicodin and Amoxicilin. The Dr said three weeks before jumping....does that seem right? He had no problem with me taking a commercial flight this Thursday.

Oh yea - I am going to sleep.