Michele

Cash/Paypal donations to Elsinore

just putting a copy of the update from John Hamilton (hammo), the DZO, in the donations thread. Looks like cash is exactly what they need...

arlo
=====================================

Skydive Elsinore Fire Update:

As posted yesterday morning; Skydive Elsinore’s packing room, video room, gear storage, and instructor room sustained a complete and devastating loss in a fire. The entire drop zones tandem rigs, student rigs, video equipment, radio equipment, etc. went up in flames. Along with drop zones equipment, all of the instructor’s personal equipment including: rigs, helmets, cameras, jumpsuits, camera helmets, computer accessories, and personal items were additionally lost.

The outpouring of assistance that came forth via emails and phone calls within hours from across the nation were unparalleled and emotionally moving. I would like to personally thank; Jack Guthrie and Debbie Zimmerman, Larry Pennington, Missy Nelson, Paul Fayard, Jay Stokes, Dan BC, Phil & Debbie Chappel, Derek Thomas, James at Skydive Paradise, and so many others have generously offered student and tandem equipment in an effort to help us keep our student operations up and running.

The real gravity and shock set in at approximately 8:00am Sunday morning when all of our instructors and staff came into work. The look in their eyes and emotions of the realization of a total loss, was one that nobody could hide. Everyone’s personal equipment, (tool’s of the trade) that they use to earn a living and support their families were totally lost; this is the real tragedy! The outpouring of offers and generosity from the brotherhood of skydiving to help the instructors get back in the air has been awe-inspiring; we thank each and everyone for your generosity for every jumpsuit, altimeter, rig and helmet donated to keep everyone in the air!

I now make a plea to the skydiving industry to help out the instructors! This is what is needed and how you can help!

#1- Money: An account has been set up on Pay Pal in which financial donations can be made. 100% of the money in which you donate will go directly and distributed to the instructors in an effort to purchase new equipment. This is what is needed most!

Ø Go to http://www.paypal.com and set up an account. Then you make direct donations to the following account # [email protected]

#2- If you would like to donate gear for the purpose of resale or replacement. Please send equipment and note to:

Ground Zero
20701 Cereal Rd.
Lake Elsinore, CA.
C/O: Fire Loss

#3- Fortunately, the local community has stepped up and have loaned enough equipment that will enable the instructors to get back in the air; therefore, please do not send equipment for loan at this time.

Thank you in advance for everyone’s support!

John Hamilton
Skydive Elsinore

I'll be driving from the South Bay Area to Elsimore on Friday night. I will go by Elsimore on Saturday for one or two jumps.

If anyone wants to donate gear or other, it will be a pleasure for me to carry it over. I have a big trunk.

PM me for details and picking up arrangements ... I can stop by Hollister on the way.

spread the word....

Doing my best to help,
KerMor

You can't determine the length of your life
- but you can control its height and depth.

O.K., so....

Send in one jump ticket cost...send in 10 bucks. It doesn't matter. What matters is that we show support for our family, and spread the love.

You all just rock.

I was at Elsinore this weekend, and asked Betsy how much the paypal account raised. Off the top of her head, she said something like "$3300". I asked her to say that again, and she did. $3,300.

How generous you all were. And how much it was needed, and what a difference you've made.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for answering the call for help.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~