stacie

AHHH! So many options!

Sold all my gear about 2.5 years ago so that I would focus on college. Just graduated last October and now I want to reward myself with a custom container. In the past I had tried on a Mirage and fell in love with it. Now I have sticker shock and in reading a post I see someone had issues with the Mirage not fitting properly. This got me thinking outside my Mirage box. My previous rig was a Wings. It fit my torso well but the leg straps pooched out from my thighs creating a large ass effect. Which I have and don't need anymore help with. So how does a green jumper like myself figure out what would work best with my short, plump frame? My other battle is should I wait or should I move forward? What do I mean, you ask? Well, 2.5 years ago when I was jumping I weighed 40 pounds less than I do now. I'm working on that and hope to have the weight off in a year but I also want to get back to the air now. Does this make a difference in choosing the right fit?
Life is short. Live, laugh, love often!

Buy used. Good modern gear with a good resale value. That way when your needs change, you can sell it for very close to what you bought it for, then take them money and buy a "skinny" rig. LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Just a couple of thoughts here:
One person had a problem with Mirage fitting properly. Lots of people love 'em.
If you are going to jump now, get a rig that fits you now - not what you expect will fit in a year or so.
Go to the DZ and see if some other jumpers there will let you try their rig on. You don't have to jump with it. Just wear it for a few minutes and get an idea about the fit.
You said it yourself, there are a lot of choices. The most important thing is the fit, not the brand.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Thank you Bertt and Gravity Girl for good input. I also posted in the Womens Forum and got some really great feedback. I guess I will go used for now and reward myself with a custom rig when I hit my goal weight.

Btw...nice feedback Jbag. I'm sure I'll get right on that phone call in a year or so. (whatever)
Life is short. Live, laugh, love often!

Thank you Bertt and Gravity Girl for good input. I also posted in the Womens Forum and got some really great feedback. I guess I will go used for now and reward myself with a custom rig when I hit my goal weight.

Btw...nice feedback Jbag. I'm sure I'll get right on that phone call in a year or so. (whatever)

:D:D:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Does this rig make my ass look big?:P

Seriously though I recently went through about a 30 lb weight loss (210 down to about 178). The container fit wasnt my main issue as the big diff in WL. But I'm a guy and we gain most of our weight in different places.... like a beer gut.

I think you should go with something used that you like now and if you learn to love it or want to spend more cash on lift tix get the leg straps shortened...alot cheaper than a new container.

Good luck with the weight loss... if I can do it anyone can.

Team Dirty Sanchez #455,
Muff Brother #4197,
SCR #14847, DPH -8,
Dude #5150