drewcarp

Basik Seven

So I'm shopping around for a first rig and think I'll get a new container and everything else used. All brands are currently an option but the Basik Seven seems pretty sweet. I'm just not sure if all of the different and non-traditional features are safe and not gimmicky. Hoping some experienced folks could take a look at container and tell me what they thought. I am particularly interested in any thoughts on the Magnetic D-bag, unique AAD cutter placement and magnetic throw out pouch (boc). Why would or wouldn't you consider it over say a Mriage or Vector or Jav or Icon?

http://www.basik.fr/en/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=189&category_id=6&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1

Thanks!

I wouldn't consider it at all because I can't stand the look of the thing. :D

Here's what Mike Gruwell thinks:
http://www.chutingstar.com/archives/00000149.html

Wow such a harsh judgement! I must admit that the pictures of stock rigs that you see and the colors are not optimal and pleasing, but Jerome does allow you to custom order and choose the colors! I love mine and have gotten a lot of compliments so far. It seems that people are reluctant because it is from france and out of the country but I can tell you first hand that it is an awesome container and will be my next when I downsize. I have custom ordered 2 different containers so far a vector and a Basik, between the 2 Basik wins hands down on time delivered and with a perfect fit! I know that chuting star is the only U.S. dealer and if you have any concerns about that you shouldn't! Mike is an awesome guy and will make sure you get what you want!

Also, I had the opportunity to pack Mikes own personal Basik 7 when I went to his riggers course and I can attest that there are no gimmicks just amazing innovations that are well thought out and simple! thats why I bought mine two weeks after the riggers course and couldn't be happier!

All brands are currently an option but the Basik Seven seems pretty sweet. I'm just not sure if all of the different and non-traditional features are safe and not gimmicky. Hoping some experienced folks could take a look at container and tell me what they thought. I am particularly interested in any thoughts on the Magnetic D-bag, unique AAD cutter placement and magnetic throw out pouch (boc). Why would or wouldn't you consider it over say a Mriage or Vector or Jav or Icon?

Thanks!

The Seven is a very COOL rig :)
Several of the features are very innovative rather than gimmicky ...

We had a really good response from everyone who saw the rigs at the Skydive Expo in Deland and at other shows that we have attended...

Because of the extra-thick spacer foam it is also a very comfortable container as well ...

The only reason for not considering it would be a lack of personal experience (if you've never seen one) or if you personally have the 'herd' mentality of wanting what everyone else has ... :P

Everyone who has jumped one of my Sevens has loved it ...

So go for it !!!

if you personally have the 'herd' mentality of wanting what everyone else has ... :P

Like a MARD?

Rightly or wrongly, Skyhook and friends are a genuine want item for some of us.

Definitely a cool rig though.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

If you put it in a row with Javs and Wings, you would be hard pressed to tell them apart,,,,,[:/] stop it,,not that different at all. I would need to be convinced that it would be impossible for the reserve bridal to sneak out,,,,other than that i like it.

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

There are 2 little flaps at the top of the reserve, on either side, are they part of the container (not part of the freebag)?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

If you put it in a row with Javs and Wings, you would be hard pressed to tell them apart,,,,,[:/] stop it,,not that different at all. I would need to be convinced that it would be impossible for the reserve bridal to sneak out,,,,other than that i like it.

Impossible for the bridle to sneak out it packed correctly. As I know since 12 years this never happened. Have you seen and touch one?
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

There are 2 little flaps at the top of the reserve, on either side, are they part of the container (not part of the freebag)?

They are part of the container and are used to lock the reserve bag on its upper part with the bridle.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

How do you like the the magnetic dbag and BOC deployment "pouch"? Are there any clear advantages or is it just different and have you had any issues? Is the main handle heavy because of the magnets?

That is a sweet looking rig by the way! They need to get one that looks like yours up on the website!

Thanks for your replies guys!