Sped

Per jump depreciation on equipment?

you'll be hard pressed to find a formula that works.

a canopy with 400 jumps in SoCal or AZ will look like absolute shit compared to a canopy with 600 jumps in the NorthEast (NY, CT). So will the container.

Take a look at the classifieds, that will give you a very rough idea of what stuff is being sold for (or at least of the current 2nd hand supply pricing).

ask for a reasonable price, and you will sell fairly fast. Ask for an outrageous high amount, and you will be having to renew your ad for months at a time :(

Wonder how much I'll be able to sell a 20 year old seat harness thats got a 36 year old Strong LoPo on it, once I get done figurin out how to pack it.

:P

Got the package today, thanks!

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Wonder how much I'll be able to sell a 20 year old seat harness thats got a 36 year old Strong LoPo on it, once I get done figurin out how to pack it.

:P

Got the package today, thanks!

probably for same that you paid, or possibly up to $100 more, as its still airworthy in its legal definition :)

just goes to illustrate that even older gear still has good uses.

blue skies !

it depends on if your talking about new or second hand gear.

For second-hand gear, the same $1-per-jump rule of thumb applies, you just have to carry-forward the number of jumps which the gear already has on it, deducted from the as-new price.

Or you can take that used-gear price and start the same depreciation from there.

Note : The thread name is ambiguous, as it only applies to ParaPhernalia and Freeflight products.

ASIDE FROM PARAPHERNALIA NAD FREEFLIGHT, NO US Pilot rig manufacturer imposes a life on their gear.

BTW, I assume that packing outdated, timed-out, gear, as well as gear with ADs non-complied with, is still 100% legal - just not legal to be available for emergency use. Otherwise all those rigger courses would be recalling lots and lots of certificates :(