peanutgallery

best audible + log book

I know there have been many posts on this but most are fairly old so forgive me for the repeating topic....

I'm looking for a basic audible that logs jumps. I'm not a swooper and don't plan to be anytime in the near future. Mostly looking for use for RW and coaching. The less expensive the better, I can't spend a fortune on this. I've done some research but just wanted to see what people thought might be a good choice.

Thanks!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke

Finding a used ProTrack is probably your best bet for your budget and desired features. You can easily clear out the existing data so it becomes your log, will get L&B's excellent service, and not have to pay new prices.:)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I know there have been many posts on this but most are fairly old so forgive me for the repeating topic....

I'm looking for a basic audible that logs jumps. I'm not a swooper and don't plan to be anytime in the near future. Mostly looking for use for RW and coaching. The less expensive the better, I can't spend a fortune on this. I've done some research but just wanted to see what people thought might be a good choice.

Thanks!

The best audible is the Optima, best logbook is Neptune.

Neptune is better logbook and visual altimeter than ProTrack or Viso, but not as good audible as Optima.
ProTrack does not log <5 sec or >120sec freefall and a bitch to dig out data from.

Neptune eats more battery, but that is commonly available (CR2450), Optima uses CR2325 which is available from some places and ProTrack uses CR2335 which is rare but you need once/1-2 years only.

It can be a hard choice, but you can easily sell any of those later.

Thanks! I was actually looking for a used protrack but they seem hard to come by and go quickly when they are available.

I really like the Optima II but it does not log jumps, correct?

I may end up with the Neptune then...

Sorry, You just don't get it.

Optima is an audible, not a logger. Solo is an audible, but not a logger.
Neptune can do both.
ProTrack can do both.
If you're using the Neptune as a wrist alti, it's no longer an audible.
I use the L&B Altitrack, it is not an audible, but a logger and analog indicator only.
I'm a big fan of L&B; their customer service is second to none.

IMO, Paralog is the best logbook because it reads a lot of data Jumptrack doesn't.
I prefer the look, use, and interface of Jumptrack, but it doesn't import GPS data.
Paralog doesn't import data from the Altitrack.
Were I to have the best of all worlds, I'd use Paralog with my Altitrack and QStarz GPS.

If you're using the Neptune as a wrist alti, it's no longer an audible.

I believe N3 has a selection for extra loud alarms when you wear it on your wrist so you can hear it at least for canopy alarms
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

David,
Thank you! I'm glad to have been wrong. My next email is to Klaus. B|
Ive been dealing with the shortcomings of Jumptrack because I prefer my Altitrack over anything else I've tried and I log much more legibly when I type vs write (those of you who have seen my handwriting know what I'm sayin...)