RkyMtnHigh

What's the most adventurous or outragous thing you've ever done?

Do it Katee!!! B| What do you have to lose?

I'd say for me (be mindful of the fact that I'm still only 19 :P) was at 5 jumps, going down to Florida all by myself to do AFF over my Christmas Break. I had NO clue what to expect when I got down there. Ended up havin the time of my life, and went back there a few months later.

Oh, PS: I WILL pass you on number of jumps, chica! :P

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

You want to hear extreme? It's not quitting your job when you have nothing else....I've done the most extreme of extremes...[whisper] I've jumped out of an airplane! [/whisper] :D

Seriously...the most extreme I've ever done on the job front....is quite a job..when i had nothing else line up...because my boss was a total prick...and when i quit... i left his airplane 1500 miles from home.. B|

Mike

I'm not sure about that ;):P because I just got my brand SPANKIN new Mirage G3, loaded with all the goodies, and beautiful crispy Sabre2 today and it all fits like a glove! I'm going to be jumping my ARSE off from here on out! Whaaaa Hoooo! My L1 coach said he can't wait to see how "different" I am a year from now as far as my learning curve since having my own rig....me neither! YAY!B|

Took a leave of absence from my job and spent last summer doing a lot of travelling. Ended up with a new job before the summer was over. Moved from California (where I'd lived my entire life) to Florida in September.

I can highly recommend playing all summer. :)
The adventurous/outrageous thing I did that makes me smile the most to remember - I drove 20+ hours and surprised a friend at work one day. That was fun. B|

Well..Mike, I suppose you know where I'm coming from then. When I quit my job last Monday, I didn't have anything else lined up either and I drove the Butt Cheetoh back to the airport to catch a flight back to SLC Utah. But I have faith that this WILL work out eventually.
I don't have a pot to piss in, but I have a beautiful brand Spankin new Mirage G3 with all the fixins! and a crispy Sabre2 that's beggin for mercy! Giddyup!

Took a leave of absence from my job and spent last summer doing a lot of travelling. Ended up with a new job before the summer was over. Moved from California (where I'd lived my entire life) to Florida in September.

I can highly recommend playing all summer. :)
The adventurous/outrageous thing I did that makes me smile the most to remember - I drove 20+ hours and surprised a friend at work one day. That was fun. B|

That's AWESOME! sounds like the healthy thing to do for me to "regroup"...and the part about surprising a friend at work...I have SEVERAL that I could do that to along the road trip back south from here...that really COULD be a lot of fun! thanks for the idea...:PB|

I don't have a pot to piss in, but I have a beautiful brand Spankin new Mirage G3 with all the fixins! and a crispy Sabre2 that's beggin for mercy! Giddyup!

And you have a place to crash in Orlando, if ya need it....and I'm sure you have a place to crash in any major city in Florida should you need it..

Mike

I'm just curious what the extreme of the extremists have done. I'm seriously considering selling everything I have so I can afford to skydive all summer and take my time finding a job in Florida.

I'm with you sister. I've been extreme at finding funds for skydiving. I've been rather irresponsible I must say :$. I've used my student loan money, used my credit cards, and now I'm even trying to sell junk on ebay! I've just signed up recently, and I have my first bid... although it's not enough for a jump ticket :P.

BTW, does anyone need any Teeny Weeny Babies?? ;)
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

quit my job as a journalist in South Africa, said goodbye to friends and family, and hopped on a plane to a country on the other side of the world (Thailand), that I had never been to before. Didn't know a soul when I landed almost 3 months ago.

Now I teach English to little kids, and also business english to adults. Hard work, but very rewarding.

I'm lovin it! B|

Kerry

Interesting that you say that about selling everything on Ebay...I used to have a fettish with purses and shoes and anything materialistic but since oct 4 at SDC, I've stopped watching TV and stopped shopping and could care less about what "name brand" clothes I wear. Interesting how skydiving changes things in one's life, isn't it?

I'm just curious what the extreme of the extremists have done. I'm seriously considering selling everything I have so I can afford to skydive all summer and take my time finding a job in Florida

Wow - You have far more balls than I. I am a lot like that guy from "Along Came Polly," - Heck, I'm even studying statistics to hopefully take the actuary exams.....:S
=========Shaun ==========

I'm just curious what the extreme of the extremists have done. I'm seriously considering selling everything I have so I can afford to skydive all summer and take my time finding a job in Florida

Wow - You have far more balls than I. I am a lot like that guy from "Along Came Polly," - Heck, I'm even studying statistics to hopefully take the actuary exams.....:S

No BALLS required!;)...actuary exams? really? or are you shitting me? I was in the insurance business a long time ago and uh..being an actuary makes your butt really sore! Are you sure you're up for that?:D

The most adventurous thing I have ever done?
Id say doing AFF in Germany where the instructors only speak German. I remember sitting through the ground school and all the other german students whrere writing notes and asking questions, and I was just sitting there. when I finaly got out on to the strut ready to jump I remember thinking, what if I missed someting in the instruction that was REALLY important. Oh well, I went for it. I passed all levels with flying colors. And that 2 weeks was by far the best 2 weeks of my life. Throug the language barrier I learned soooo much, and made friends for life. I am currently planing a return trip to jump with them once again!

P.S. I was the only student in the class to land in the landing zone on there first jump.
In fact I did so well with there instruction that I went from a 260sq ft canopy to a 190sq foot canopy in 15 jumps. And I have and exit weight of 218LBS.

Great times!!

In fact we jumped throug clouds there
my AFF level 4 was done throug the clouds
No big deal I could still see my JM and by pull time we where through the clouds.

actuary exams? really? or are you shitting me? I was in the insurance business a long time ago and uh..being an actuary makes your butt really sore! Are you sure you're up for that?

I am up for it - whenever i Get discouraged I just think about those big fat paychecks those guys bring home.... MMMMM:P
=========Shaun ==========

Ya know, the more I do the less outrageous and adveturous they seem....
6 months ago when I started skydiving I thought it was. Now it's just kinda... what I do.
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

the most extreme if you like to call it that:|is going out on solos(BASE),even after i got injured once on such.

The most extreme i tryed were my first jump after an injury on a solo BASE,i went up solo in the same A,made aprox the same delay from the same basket and landed in the same feild as last time i were out there(getting an open fracture).

The cooloest thing i ever tryed were cutting the string between my kids mom and my kids(soon as they got birth).THAT made my legs going weak,sweat on my head and in the hands..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I had a friend that sold off everything she owned on ebay (it took a few months) and spent the entire summer traveling and jumping. It was the best experience of her life and she ended up in a new city where she met a new guy and she is very happily married now.

I have spent two summers in this sport without a job...if it wasn't for packing, I would have never been able to live or get in one or two jumps a week. Taking the summer off is fun, but the lack of money is frustrating....all that free time in warm, lazy weather was the most relaxing summer I have ever had.

BTW - is everyone on this board moving to FL? I'll be down there full time by the end of the year.

Falling in love. Greatest reward coupled by the prospect of the greates pain one can feel. Love boldly and without hesitation; great rewards or sorrows are soon to follow.

This may seem stupid to most but its the only thing that has consistently been an extreme (ups and downs) adventure.

edited for poor ass spelling:S
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com