Rebecca

Evil in the workplace

Anyone else have to deal with That Person? The one who has the ability to enrage, annoy, and irritate everyone around them? More importantly, any advice on standing up to them that doesn't comprimise your professionalism?

have a guy like this at work... nothing i could do really but follow the rules concerning his actions..........documented some things as did others....now he's getting "fired"....well kicked out of the military.. but it's sorta the same as being fired........

Whenever you get a lot of different people together, (DZ Excluded),especially in the workplace, your always gonna meet someone you don't get along with, but you still deal with them professionally. But every now and again, like you've discovered, you will have to work with someone that surpasses evil.

My previous boss was one. I say was one because after two years of harrassment from her, not just to me but to the other 7 people in her department, I filed a grievance against her ass. 6 Months after that grievance she left.

There are too many examples to indicate how evil she was, so I'll just detail one.

We were in a meeting where she suggested a wipe board to be put up in the middle of the department, designed to record absences from our desks. Whenever we went to another department, a meeting or lunchbreak we had to write these details on the board. Where we were going, what time we left and what time we expected to return. And this had to be adhered to even if we just popped over to another part of the building to drop off a report.

Anyway, the worst part was when she told us that we even had to record when we went to the toilet. Yep, that's right. If she had her way, the board standing in the middle of the department would let everyone know when each one of us was taking a dump.

Fortunately I told her that there was no way in hell that I was going to do that and if she pushed the issue she would be speaking to a Union Rep. Eventually she backed down but I was still amazed that she genuinely did not see a problem in us estimating how long it would take us to take a piss and detailing that on the board.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Anyone else have to deal with That Person? The one who has the ability to enrage, annoy, and irritate everyone around them? More importantly, any advice on standing up to them that doesn't comprimise your professionalism?

I know exactly what you mean, Rebecca. I have that person sitting directly in front of my office as we speak. This girl has the worst attitude that I have ever dealt with in my life. She thinks that the world should adhere to what she thinks and wants. Well, sorry honey, it doesn't work that way. I manage the projects that she works on and she acts as if I don't have a clue. She takes professional criticism very personally and can't stand to be told to do something a different way. It really doesn't help that our boss just lets it get worse to the point to where we finally had it out in the conferece room. I am not a confrontational person either, but I was just pushed way too far.

Good news...my last day here is Wednesday so I don't have to deal with her again!!

My advice to you is to try to discuss your issues with here in a professional manner. If she doesn't listen to you and try to comprimise her actions, then I would probably take it up with her direct supervisor and work from there. There are going to be those people who are almost impossible to work with and we have to do the best that we can to make things work.

Knowing you personally, she must be a real %$#%&, you are simply the easiest person to get along with.

Hope to see you at the DZ soon!!
Kim
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

To top it off, while he was gone, he put a shotgun to his face and pulled the trigger. He survived with a screwed up face. I felt sorry for him at first, but now that I have gotten to know him, all I want to do is ask him how in the hell did he miss! Sounds bad I know, but this guy is such a jerk.:|

Pictures please!!!!>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun