azureriders

chem-light chemicals on cordura?

I had a chem-light that had been activated and left laying until it went out and for some reason leaked half of its insides all over a cordura weight belt. Is this stuff corrosive, if so can it easily be neutralized? Can I expect structural damage to the belt? Does anyone know?

It feels like an oil base, even smells like it may be petroleum.

I am very cautious of how I leave my rigs laying around, kind of upsetting that I let this happen, even if it was just to a weight belt.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks John. No ill effects, I would assume that also means no stains? This is a bright green belt that I made for the wife and it now has a really dark spot on it, of course it is still wet.

I want to make another one of these about as bad as she wants to wear a stained oneB|

Thanks John. No ill effects, I would assume that also means no stains? This is a bright green belt that I made for the wife and it now has a really dark spot on it, of course it is still wet.

I want to make another one of these about as bad as she wants to wear a stained oneB|

It did leave a stain for a while. The perpetrator dribbled a green chem-light onto the palm of his hand, then slapped his hand on my chest. The stain of that handprint lasted quite a while, but eventually came out after repeated washings.

The labels say "non-toxic" and "may stain".

Thanks again

This was an old chem-light that was just laying around and we decided to play with so I did not have the label to read.

The weight belt probably will not see as many washings as a tee shirt, but if we can get it to just lighten up a bit we should be ok.

I will update this thread if anything happens that may be search worthy in the future.

Thanks again

This was an old chem-light that was just laying around and we decided to play with so I did not have the label to read.

The weight belt probably will not see as many washings as a tee shirt, but if we can get it to just lighten up a bit we should be ok.

I will update this thread if anything happens that may be search worthy in the future.

Hand was it with dawn in warm water rubbing the stained material against itself. You'll be surprised at the stains you can get out like this...
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

Thanks again

Hand was it with dawn in warm water rubbing the stained material against itself. You'll be surprised at the stains you can get out like this...

Dawn moved, can Sally do it?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thanks again

If Dawn can't do it, then only those named after cars will suffice. i.e. Mercedes, Lexus, etc...
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

Thanks again

If Dawn can't do it, then only those named after cars will suffice. i.e. Mercedes, Lexus, etc...

A fat chic name Yugo maybe? ;)

Chem-light almost got me shot once!

Drunkenly smearin' the chemicals on the balls of a statue of a bull at the Kingsville N.A.S.

Them d00ds got NO sense of humor

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thanks again

A fat chic name Yugo maybe? ;)

Chem-light almost got me shot once!

Drunkenly smearin' the chemicals on the balls of a statue of a bull at the Kingsville N.A.S.

Them d00ds got NO sense of humor

You were rubbing on balls Twardo? Got to watch you!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!