Conundrum

Post 2 unique facts about yourself

Cool Thread Conundrum!!!!

1.- An Ex-girlfriend left me for my best friend´s girlfriend.

2.- I went to the hospital five times in a month for 5 diferent accidents. (my feet running the bulls, my back skydiving, my neck with a car accident, condom broke so i got tested for STD, broke my other leg skydiving)

Not all bad though, i passed the test to become an Air Traffic Controller!! YEAH!!!

and learned more in a single month training with some SF guys and some guys from a Gracie school.

Yes, any grappling/submission fighting is hands down the most practical fighting style there is. There will obviously be those who argue, but it is indeed true. And BJJ happens to be the very best grappling/submission style.

A lot of people talked about what style is the ultimate. It has been a source of popular debates for many, many, many years. When the UFC came out in the early 90s, we saw that grapplers (mainly BJJ stylists) won practically every tourny. Same with Pride and many others. You have to be an accomplished grappler to be a formidable opponent.

The simple fact of the matter is no matter how great you are in other styles, it is almost impossible to prevent an expert grappler from taking you to the ground. If you don't believe me, take a look at some Royce Gracie highlights as well as many others. They take down black belts in other styles as easy as butter. It is not difficult in the least. And once you go to the ground with an expert BJJ stylist, it's all over but the crying.

To answer another question, no, I never entered an UFC tourny. I wanted to, but just takes too much time for the training. It's not something you can just step into and expect to be successful. Takes months of preparing and training as well as conditioning. My tournys were smaller, more statewide.

Forty-two

That is awesome...........both my wife and myself were huge fans of the UFC. Royce Gracie was the man from the beginning of the UFC............his father has quite a reputation as well. Other grapplers ruled the ring as well. I think about the only "striker" that had any success in the Octogon was a kickboxer by the name of "Maurice"......he defeated a former Olympic wrestling champion whose name slips me for some reason.

A lot of myths have been destroyed in the UFC..............grappling skills are a must........particulary one on one.........good stuff.

I don't really know of one thing that makes me unique, let alone two. Anything that I can think of, someone else is already done, or already has. Guess there is nothing unique about me.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

1. I like [RED]RED[/RED]

2. I do not like CORN

Hey whats wrong with CORN??

#1 I could walk at 7 months and never cralled.

#2 I have never landed in a plane.

Not sure what it is about CORN, but I don't like it either:P Texture? Taste?..just don't like it...never have.

Michael Collins, the leader of the IRA was related to me, not sure of the exact relation, great uncle or something.

I can do this weird thing with my tongue by flipping it over backwards and holding it there, I’ve never met anyone else who can do it.

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

I can drink my weight in beer within 48 hours

I can pee my weight in slightly more than 48 hours;)

Man it's hard to beat that!

well, I'm a trained violin maker, but I've made more guitars than violins.

Sounds like a warm up to a good weekend to me.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

I went to 13 schools in 12 years and my family was not in the military.

I have the mot perfect grandson in the world! Check out the avatar.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

in high school i held a penny in my left hand for 37 days... 24-7:S

(no real reason...I was just an odd kid)

Are you kidding? That's freaking awesome. I'm not sure why I think that, but I do. Tight... B|

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

1. I can place my right palm on a table while standing up and proceed to rotate it clockwise until it has done one whole rotation. If thats not enough i can then bend my elbow so it will bend in instead of out.

2. I've broken something in my body only once and I did it bowling, on an 8th grade field trip. Tripped and fell foward using my left had (with the ball on it) to catch myself. Broke right below the base of my thumb.

Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

Unique fact number one
I have a scar on a knuckle of my left hand where I tried to break a pane of glass by punching it. I was 8 at the time.

Unique fact number 2
My security card number for work is 0079.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

1 - Held Dan (Black Belt) in and taught Okinawan Kempo - Between 1975 & 1996 (w/ a break here and there) I trained in boxing, wrestling, Judo, American Karate and Okinawan Kempo - Competed......held various titles to include a National title. A huge believer in mixed MA. Along the "warrior line" of BS, I was inducted into the Honorable Order of Saint Barbara by the United States Field Artillery Association (Army and Marine Corp).

2 - Diagnosed and been living with a progressive neuromuscular disorder (LG varient of MD) since 1996.................stubborn and still "almost" living as a normal person. It will be a while yet before I submit lol. :P

1 - Held Dan (Black Belt) in and taught Okinawan Kempo

Cool, I've always wanted to try that! B|

.................stubborn and still "almost" living as a normal person. It will be a while yet before I submit lol. :P

-Don't post that in the 'Dominatrix' thread or you'll be getting PM's!!! :P:D;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Oh yeah, I have two more good ones.

1. When I was an infant, my parents had to put bars over my crib to keep me from climbing out. This was before I could walk. B|

2. They also had to lock my door cuz I'd sleepwalk. They once found me outside asleep on the front porch. :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.