SkySlut

WFFC Hangar Incident on UPN at 9PM

still hasnt been showed yet...I am curious...I had to stop rigging because I was swearing too much and they could hear me on the interview at our place...I have seen all the angles though...hundreds of times...its always amazing...he is so lucky to be alive. That canopy just kept flying even after it kept bouncing off the concrete...you can really learn a lot about canopies by just watching it...either way, he is up an about and swooping our pond...just like nothing has changed.

that's nuts.

i was at the hanger when it happened. tim was in bad shape.

my buddy shortbus tried to tell him he was crazy, and tim wouldn't believe us. bus was like "dude you have balls of steal" tim "what's the big deal" bus looking at me "you see the crazy ones are the ones who don't know that their doing is crazy" :P

tim is one lucky dude, and i'm glad to hear he's back up and jumping.

later

interesting point...he has a bit of video of himself on his way to the plane with some hottie in a golf cart...he says something to the effect "if I pound in...keep the video rolling...if you turn away...you might miss it..." Essentially, he tells people that they should learn from his mistakes...should they happen, of course. He shows it to anyone that will watch actually...whuffos and all. He put together an hour video of all of his swoops and mishaps...really good DVD....plus the hangar footage.

They interviewed him for this "I survived" show along with his kid...I cant wait to see it...and see how they portray him...It could be great or it could be a total abortion.

gotta pay for the hospital bills somehow...

Well, there you go.

yup yup. Carle was not cheap. glad to help a brother out.

Tim also told me it was going to be on tonight. I spoke with the producer of the show for an interview. I don't think they interviewed me in person cause I wasn't all freaked out by the accident, seeing as we knew the risk... I was just glad he didn't land on his head. I'm anxious to see his video. He said he's having trouble exporting though still... so he hasn't sent me a copy. Is that still the case Skyslut?

if anyone finds which episde it's on, please tape it.

there are some good shots on Tim's website also: http://www.frankenass.com/

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

yeah, he spent about 50 hours putting the "best of" footage together...including him having a hard reserve opening and breaking his neck...from the first person point of view...amongst other things...its good. But, yep...he did the whole thing on a MAC and there are some weird skips that are going on and it wont download too well. He did a great job putting it together though...You can always visit us up here in the woods and check it out for yourself, but until he gets it sorted out...gotta wait. The Mac tech support were useless...tried more RAM...nothin...now that the season is kickin...I am sure that he wont be putting too much time into it. Its done...just cant get it off the Mac in a presentable form...:(

yep, cool footage...Well, this I know. I spoke to Tim this morning and he got paid for the footage, I guess they just misinformed him of the date or airing. I thought that was kinda early...they only shot the interviews a week or so ago with him. I will keep you posted.

I guess they just misinformed him of the date or airing. I thought that was kinda early...they only shot the interviews a week or so ago with him. I will keep you posted.

I heard the show got postponed until next Wednesday. Doh, I should be out of town then.

--
Hook high, flare on time

You know...I got to see that video a few months back. I decided to bail on going to the hangar to watch the actual event last year in order to make a load at WFFC, and I'm glad I did.

I've seen some pretty evil things in my 5 years in the sport, but even on video it was chilling. I'm glad Tim is okay and I look forward to seeing him again whenever I'm able to drag my butt out to Skydive Dallas next.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™