theonlyski

Optimum Reserves

Now that they've officially hit the market, has anyone gotten to ride one of the larger ones yet? I'm looking to see how the Optimum 176 rides.

I know PD held off releasing them because they didnt feel good about the way they were flying, and now they do, but is it because they changed something, or is it because they just grew to like it?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

There were two reasons for the delay - in PD releasing - the larger Optimums.
the first problem was that larger Optimums did not scale exactly, and PD was unhappy with openings on their first few large Otimum prototypes. PD eventually modified the larger Optimums to get acceptable openings.

The second problem was a back-log at the FAA which delayed paperwork approving the larger Optimums.

http://www.performancedesigns.com/videos_op.asp

PS: John is a great guy. He saw me flat packing my sabre one day and dropped what he was doing to give me a free pro packing class. I plan on getting the optimum and pulse when i order my new rig.

Dude - he is SUCH a great guy that he helped me on a windy day to get the tail wrapped around my Pilot canopy !

I'm so glad the FAA finally pooped & got off the pot and TSO'd the Opti. I've got a daughter in college right now, so new gear will have to wait, but when I finally do get a new rig, I'll probably go Opti, with the same size canopy in a smaller container.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Well, went ahead and ordered it thru Chutingstar... man, gotta stay off that website when I got a credit card in hand.

Getting the 176, this way, if I ever have to use it, it will be an upsize!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Let me know if you want to sell your current reserve. I have buyers.

If this deal doesnt go thru, I'll hit you up, seeing as I bought it from you to begin with:P

Whole system still has less than 140 jumps (when I got it, it had less than 20)