Angela0722

Container advice

Ok, so I've pretty much had a nightmare of a time trying to get a container. I recently had a Mirage M2S custom made for me and it turned into a disaster which ended in a reserve ride on my 3rd jump on it due to a hard pull (and it was not because of the way it was packed or that I am not strong enough, etc, etc, etc). Mirage is taking the container back and I now have the world of conatiners at my fingertips, and I am open to any suggestions or advice any of you may have.

Some background on me: I am a smaller girl, 5’4” 130lbs, and have a rather short torso. My home drop zone is Skydive Arizona, which is in the heart of the desert, and I have a brand new Pilot 150/PD 143 reserve. So needless to say, the pack volume is at its poofiest. I did like the Mirage a lot, my only complaint (other than I almost died in it) is that even with it custom fit to me, it still lifted off my back when I sit fly (some people say it’s due to body positioning, but reading through forums on here, it seems to be a problem a lot of people experience with Mirage). I’m leaning towards Talon or VooDoo since they are both constructed in Eloy and RI knows the environment I will be jumping in. Do any of you have any advice? Pros/Cons to either? I want something that fits, is comfortable, FF friendly, and most importantly something that I’m gonna . . .uh, well NOT die with. Thanks!

What was the problem with your Mirage?

The Racer 2k3 is an excellent rig.

ETA: How did you almost die in it? Was the hard pull on the reserve? Do you have an AAD?

Also - the Racer 2k3 is an excellent rig.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I vote for Infinity. I'm only 5'2" and had one custom made. No issues at all with the fit.

I would also look at the Wings. They are generally built more 'out' instead of 'long' which is better for somone with a shorter torso.

But really, any container should fit you fine, if correctly made. You are really not that short in terms of fit.

I want something that fits, is comfortable, FF friendly, and most importantly something that I’m gonna . . .uh, well NOT die with. Thanks!

Any container made after 1996 or 1998 would do the trick.

Oh, let me guess, your Mirage was sitflying you? B|

What about a Voodoo or Talon? They are on your DZ and you can have Sandy or Brenda fit you personally and make sure the rig fits and "my experience" has been that RI stuff fits comfortably and works beautifully.
"Think like a man of action; act like a man of thought." -Henri L.
Bergson