Brains

Is it so wrong??

If it's an airlock how does the air escape in a stall??

(I've not seen one up close or inflight)
My image is of a wing, that is almost ridgid, if it does LOCK in the air how does it stall?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You think thats good.. try airlocks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so happens that a Sam 120 will be shipped to me on Monday

Gee Brian is shipping me my BRAND SPANKING NEW RED SAMURAI on Monday as well..

I need to "PROPERLY" christen her next week..before the weekend jumping begins...hmm where to find a Suitable Cabana Boy in Seattle on short notice.:)
'I think I need to sleep in my NEW Infinity a couple nights as well..oh the ideas....hmmm Hanging harness.....:)

You think thats good.. try airlocks

'I think I need to sleep in my NEW Infinity a couple nights as well..oh the ideas....hmmm Hanging harness.....:)

STRONG Hanging harness, and picture too:$;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If it's an airlock how does the air escape in a stall??

as far as i understand the airlocks don't keep all air from escaping it just makes it really hard. If it didn't let the air out it would be a REAL bitch to pack:D

I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

it's an airlock how does the air escape in a stall??

(I've not seen one up close or inflight)
My image is of a wing, that is almost ridgid, if it does LOCK in the air how does it stall?

I'm guessing the asumption your making is that a rigid wing won't stall. I then pose the question how does an airplane or glider stall?:)

I'm guessing the asumption your making is that a rigid wing won't stall. I then pose the question how does an airplane or glider stall?

No airspeed=no lift on the lifting body

When you stall ain airlock it does not fold up to the center of the canopy like a non-airlocked canopy does... at first.. eventually the deformation of the canopy will allow the air out and then it starts to deflate... on the other hand when stalling with rear risers on the Lotus. I have managed to get it to fly backwards a ways before it starts to fold... fun to watch and try. Get a demo and try it for yourself.

These are just observations of mine with the Lotus I have been jumping for about 30 jumps or so... your milage may vary.

It stalls at a much much slower airspeed then a normal canopy. Things get really mushy and they stay that way for a while before it actaully stalls compared to a normal canopy.

It also stays perfectly controllable and recoverable during said stall....I really liked that about the Sam demo I tried.

But, sorry Phree, I just loved the CF2 better overall. :)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

No airspeed=no lift on the lifting body

Thats not quite right.....substitute not enough for no in the first part, but thats not quite right either.

How about this

A stall is a condition in which there are large areas of detached flow on the aircraft, usually on the upper surface of the wing, which produce significant deviations from the unstalled characteristics of the aircraft. There is no universally accepted quantitative definition of how large an area must be separated or how significant the deviations must be to declare a stall.

Wanna read the whole mess go here

http://www.markdmccabe.com/stall.htm