ahudson311

Demo-ing main canopies.

Hey-- I'm new to the sport, just completed AFF and my first solo jump. I'm looking to start purchasing my own gear.

I'm really just try to shop around and find something that is relatively used, in good condition, and not too expensive. I've been looking at complete rigs, and containers where I would piece together the main, reserve, AAD, etc.

I'm about 5'10, weight 170-- Im looking for something with a 190 main, but I've noticed there really aren't as many full rigs or containers that hold such a big canopy.

A buddy of mine suggested that I find something that could potentially hold a 190, but may have a 170 in it already. He suggested I demo a 190 canopy for a while until I feel comfortable enough to drop to the 170.

I guess my overall questions are as follows: Where could I find a main to demo? How long can you demo it? How much would it possibly cost?

Thanks in advance--much obliged.

Andrew

Ummm...

Maybe the manufacturers?

PD

Icarus (Para Concepts at SDC)

Aerodyne

Demoing a 190 until you are ready to downsize to a 170 isn't really how it works. That's kinda like buying a tent from WalMart, using it for a boogie and then returning it for a refund.

The details are in the links (except for Aerodyne's - You'll see it when you go to the site)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

That's kinda like buying a tent from WalMart, using it for a boogie and then returning it for a refund.

:D:D:D

To the OP...probably not what ya wanna hear, but with gear your weight is gonna make a 190 about a 1:1 which is really where you wanna be for a while...might want to put the 170 off until you get a couple letters in on the license program. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That's kinda like buying a tent from WalMart, using it for a boogie and then returning it for a refund.

lol, I hope that phrase catches on around here.

You mean that we really aren't supposed to return 'em post boogie? Who knew.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

"So why are we returning the tent for a refund today Mr. Customer?"

"Well, it's all wet and muddy and it smells like beer."

"Oh my ..... we can't have that now can we. Here's your $75.00 back."
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

"So why are we returning the tent for a refund today Mr. Customer?"

"Well, it's all wet and muddy and it smells like beer."

"Oh my ..... we can't have that now can we. Here's your $75.00 back."

"Oh no that's ok, i just want to exchange it for a new one."

[evil thought] I will return it next week after the next boogie at another store.[/evil thought]

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

To the OP...probably not what ya wanna hear, but with gear your weight is gonna make a 190 about a 1:1 which is really where you wanna be for a while...might want to put the 170 off until you get a couple letters in on the license program. ;)

you guys are just a bunch of pansies..

hell yea, that's a ROCKSTAR speaking.. B|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

you guys are just a bunch of pansies..

hell yea, that's a ROCKSTAR speaking.. B|

"Why if you board short wearin', spike hair gellin', pink gear jumpin' spoiled lil' brats..." :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~