Scooter1812

Crossfire 2 Hard openings

I take you refer to the article "How to prevent hard openings", which can be found here:
http://www.performancedesigns.com/docs/hrdopn.pdf

Bottom line: It's not the type of bands used, it's their tension. No recommendation for or against the use of tube stows. Mine are still going strong after 200 jumps with a new canopy.

(It's on the PD website>Support>Sport>Articles, if you are looking for other articles also.)
ETA: File attached
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I tried all the suggestion you guys made and found some interesting results. I noticed a post from PD that one of you guys put up that said the bites on the stows should be 2 1/2 inches long. That's a lot more than I normally do myself. When I first got the canopy I didn't want to pack the slippery zero P so I paid our packer to do it. He uses 2 1/2" bites. So that would seem to solve the problem. The article said that tube stows need larger bites because there is less friction than elastics, makes sense I guess.

One other interesting point is that my pilot chute is a 30" zero P kill line. According to PD, canopies smaller then 150 square feet should use a 25" zero P pilot chute. So I ordered one (should get it this week).

Hey guys thanks you all very much for your help. Between pushing in the nose and the bites on the lines it really helped fix my hard openings.

Thanks very much again!