glgflyer

Optima Battery Indicator

Yup. My wife just put brand new batteries into her Optima a few weeks ago and it immediatly showed as only having 1 bar when we switched it on. Then the next week we switched it on and it showed 50% battery. So who knows? :S

Maybe the batteries are not of a very good quality or maybe they had been sitting in the store for months before we got them. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Thanks for clearing this up. When I got my original Optima I had the batteries for over a year and let it turn itself off and I never had any problems. Well when I turned it on this year to start jumping it showed 1 bar. So I had purchased an extra pair of batteries and swapped them out and in April when I started jumping again I checked the battery right after I finished jumping that day and it showed 1 bar. So I figured I should shut it down manually after the end of the day jumping and the next time I turned it on it said it was at two bars. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

My optima has been on zero bars (battery indicator blinking) for about 5 months. I just keep an extra battery in my bag for when it finally quits. I've never found battery indicators (or fuel gauges) to be accurate on almost any I've owned.