velocityphoto

Tandem rig rental?

Strong requires a trade-in for the very reason of getting these old baffed-out canopies out of circulation.

I have never jumped an old set but Ihave jumped plenty of icarus tandems with more than 2000 jumps with no problems.

those figures are to keep thier production levels up more than having anything to do with common sense.

srong requires that you cut out the label and send it back, and rigger with reasonable sewing skills can put a tail patch in and get another 1000 jumos out of it AND the trade in.

;)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

srong requires that you cut out the label and send it back, and rigger with reasonable sewing skills can put a tail patch in and get another 1000 jumos out of it AND the trade in.

;)

Doesn't work quite as well with a used tent.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I disagree.
Most SET 400s are due for retirement after 1,000 or 1300 jumps.
Old SET 400s take forever to open and they flare like bag-locks.
Any DZO who would keep a SET 400 in service after more than 1300 jumps has no respect for the ankles of his students or his staff.

Doesn't work quite as well with a used tent.

The difference is that retuning a tent after 2 weeks to wall mart is within the rules. the shifty trick i mentioned above is not really recommended, i was just pinting out that that particular policy would not necessarily take thme out of service, now that i am a dzo, I would never jump strong gear let alone old strong gear.
I am not that against it that I would never jump it for someone else, I would just never own the stuff, it is outdated.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Most SET 400s are due for retirement after 1,000 or 1300 jumps.
Old SET 400s take forever to open and they flare like bag-locks.
Any DZO who would keep a SET 400 in service after more than 1300 jumps has no respect for the ankles of his students or his staff.

You are probably right, I would have assumed that zero P fabric would be the same on most tandem canopies, on icarus at 1300 jumps they are just broken in... fortunately I have only had to put up with a handful of jumps on Set 400's and Set 366, They are aweful when they are new...