catfishhunter

Anyone cut away and lose their main? Sabre in eBay

I saw this on eBay and it looks like someone cutaway their main and lost it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=37793&item=4130563682&rd=1

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I saw this on eBay and it looks like someone cutaway their main and lost it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=37793&item=4130563682&rd=1

Well, two things spring to mind here.

Firstly, The main canopy is a Para-Flite Cruiselite, an old F1-11 7 Cell. It's probably seen better days, but it could be used if inspected, or see some use as a BASE canopy with some modification.

Also, the big clue as to why no one's come forward to claim that main, is the freebag. It's a rare hand deployed reserve system. If you look at the reserver pilot chute, you'll see that there is no spring there, just a pullout handle. The only rig that was widely available with that system was the Australian Woomera system, buily by Roochutes. You saw a few of them in the states, but not many. I suspect that it was cutaway by a visiting foreign jumper who has since gone home. How long that thing's been out in a field is anyone's guess, as I haven't seen a Cruiselite being jumped in a few years, or a Woomera for even longer.

Your bidding on a sabre parachute as pictured. I was told its a 205/150 ram air canopy. I know nothing about these things so feel free to ask questions. I looked it over and seen NO rips or tears. The cords look to be a tangled mess to me but all intacked. Selling as-is with no reserve. Do to the nature of these is advisable to have it checked over by an expert for safty reasons. I will not be reasponsable for its user. Please email any questions. Buyer to pay shipping and insurance. Thanks for looking. JIM Pay-Pal, check or money order

nice spelling, i wonder if his name is really bubba, billy bob, cooter or junior. :S

(apologies to anyone named bubba, billy bob, cooter or junior.)
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

You sure that's a freebag? I see a bridle coming from the inside of the dbag to something that i assume is an anchor point to top of a parachute, and stitching on the other one that suggests (I almost swear I could see the tip of a closing pin on it's opposite side) a closing pin on the other side.

Or. . .am I missing the joke?:P

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

You sure that's a freebag? I see a bridle coming from the inside of the dbag to something that i assume is an anchor point to top of a parachute, and stitching on the other one that suggests (I almost swear I could see the tip of a closing pin on it's opposite side) a closing pin on the other side.

Or. . .am I missing the joke?:P

Yup, you're right. I missed the attatment to the main when I looked at the picture. There was a Woomera rig though, no joke.

Cruiselites did have detached stabilizers... I jumped one for nearly a year. Only one problem, if I remember correctly, Cruiselites had line attachements, not direct attachment. The risers are definately from a Main Deployment System, but the last time I saw an F111 with a pull-out deployment system was... well... never. Usually pull-out systems are used with ZP fabric (at least all the pull-out systems that I have packed were ZP fabric).

But what exactly is a 205/150? Never heard of that as a canopy description before.:S Ironic, isn't it, that for his lack of knowledge of this canopy, he managed to keep the company logos and id patches out of the photographs?

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

but it could be used if inspected, or see some use as a BASE canopy with some modification.
==

Garreth.. you've got to be kidding. That statement is way off. :P A ragged out old skydiving canopy has no use for BASE, where it's it's important to have a good parachute:D:D

Any way, I've read the rest of the thread and that's the only thing I wish to comment
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I e-mailed the guy running the auction. Apparently someone already told him it might be stolen equipment:

"I have canceled this auction. Its not a sabre its a XL cloud by para-flite. I was told it may be stolen so i can check on this. I found a stamp on the underside with the information. JIM"

I sent him an email as well, heres what he told me:

"I own a consignment store in punta gorda someone had brought it in to me. I have had several emails on this stating it may be stolen so i pulled the auction. I found a stamp on the underside saying its a XL cloud by para-flite also. The man lied to me about that also. Sorry for the confussion. JIM "