tunaplanet

Just some questions

Ah, a fellow Nessy believer. I am sort of an addict when it comes to the Loch Ness Monster. I have read practically every book and seen every documentary. I strongly believe there is something out there. I think it's a dinosauer of some sort. It's possible.

Forty-two

Just curious if you believe in the following. Answer yes or no.

1. Bigfoot
2. Loch Ness Monster
3. Life existing other than here on earth
4. Atlantis
5. ESP/Psychics

1. No
2. No
3. Yes (to assume otherwise would show just how arrogant we as humans are...)
4. No
5. No

~R+R:)...'Course, those no's don't mean that I don't watch shows and read about some of the subjects..they are interesting...I just don't believe in them...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

1. Bigfoot
Highly doubtful. Still, gorrillas were also thought to be a myth until 1902 (1), so I suppose it may actually be possible that an animal like Bigfoot -may- have existed in small numbers at some point in the north western part of the U.S. only to be driven to extiction by human encroachment. I seriously doubt that -if- this animal ever existed, it still does.

2. Loch Ness Monster
See above.

Absolutely. This doesn't mean I think they've ever visited earth, only that the odds are that they exist or have existed somewhere in the universe.

4. Atlantis
Possibly based in truth, but -wildly- exaggerated. Most definately not a continent, but perhaps a small island off the coast of Greece.

5. ESP/Psychics
Probably not "action at a distance" or mind reading, but perhaps a certain amount of what would otherwise be called intuition. The ability to notice and put seemingly unrelated facts together and draw slightly better conclusions than others. Think of Rainman playing Blackjack. Although, -clearly- the entire field is tainted by far more fakes than people with actual abilities.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

1. Bigfoot: Not really. Fun to pretend, though.
2. Loch Ness Monster. Dunno.
3. Life existing other than here on earth: No doubt.
4. Atlantis: See quade's answer
5. ESP/Psychics: completely.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

1. No
2. No
3. Yes, but not in the english speaking ferengi style.
4. No
5. Apparently Madame Cleo couldn't see the failure.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

1. Bigfoot NO
2. Loch Ness Monster NO
3. Life existing other than here on earth YES - Absolutely positively yes.
4. Atlantis NO
5. ESP/Psychics NO - at least not yet. We have the potential but not at this stage of our evolutionary development.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

1. Bigfoot
Potentially yes, similar reports of yetis exist from the Himalaya, some kind of mountain gorilla or bear seems the most plausible explanation.
2. Loch Ness Monster.
Absolutely, and I would encourage people to visit this particularly scenic area of my homeland to make up their own minds.;)
In an infinite universe, there is the inherent assumption that we are not alone. What shape or form or stage of development this life may take is the real puzzle.
4. Atlantis
Island in the med, as Quade suggested, is the most feasible explanation. The entire Med is littered with submerged archeology, it does sit over a fairly active fault system.
5. ESP/Psychics
I think you know my answer to that already.:)Yes, ever get a funny feeling something is not quite right? Ever act intuitively? Those could be classified as ESP.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson