bbarnhouse

I'm shaking my head

At the lack of common sense!
A jumper with 90 jumps decided he was going to swoop the pond...with borrowed gear none the less!
As if attempting to swoop the pond wasn't bad enough, after landing near the pond the bloke jumped into the water gear and all!
To add to it the gear belonged to....Chromeboy. The pond swimmer is now owner of said gear.
Some people....really shouldn't skydive.
No injuries were sustained, but I think we can add this one to the Darwin thread.
B2

:| [:/] How arrogant....
................Take Somebody Elses rig....
.........fail to do what you intended and THEN...
jump into the water???!!!!!! That's in very poor taste...
did he think he was being amusing????
... I am always one for "self-expression" but with respect for others and for their belongings...

why the hell did he jump into the pond after he landed outside of it

I have no idea. We were quite dumbfounded.

did he think he was being amusing

I don't think he gave thought to anything!
So the question I have is; given that this person behaved in such a manner, would you consider jumping with him?

The pond swimmer is now owner of said gear.

Maybe that was his way of finding and buying some gear:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Unbelievable.:S Those ponds are intimidating as hell to me. :o I couldn't imagine wanting to go for them at 90 jumps. I think that maybe Lisa's saying of DGIT fits here. And with judgement like that, NO i would not jump with them.:|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

...[:/] Impulsive behavior can be Ok in some situations.....But I like predictabilty, common sense and consideration for safety when I skydive.....I practice that myself and expect it from others...
....so NO... I would not be in a hurry to jump with such a "free spirit ".... I might enjoy watching his antics, from a distance, and ONLY on the ground....
but Jumping requires a certain degree of self control... doesn't it????...
If it was my gear or the gear of a friend,,, I'd be damned steamed about it.....>:( >:(
90 jumps huh?????? well that's enough for him....
He should take up GOLF,, where that sort of thing ( diving into the water hazards) seems to be acceptable.......

Which brain-fried-from-too-much-sun, friend of Nathan's did this? Jackasss

Should we just give him a new name...like jackass pond scum? Bwahhhhhhh

no. you should ban him from the dz. that asshat is going to get someone hurt. :|

did you get video?????? :P;)B|

I might enjoy watching his antics, from a distance, and ONLY on the ground....

Well I have to say, I don't think I would enjoy watching anymore of his antics. We see a lot of people come through the doors. More often than not a seasoned skydiver can access when a person is is a danger to themselves or others. This fella will be watched closely.
A big kudos to our own fozchek. She had no qualms letting him know what an idot he was. It had something to do with a heart and a spoon;)

Should we just give him a new name...like jackass pond scum? Bwahhhhhhh

Nah, Jackass perhaps but no Pond Scum. Pond Scum must be earned properly. He was just being dumb.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

no. you should ban him from the dz. that asshat is going to get someone hurt. :|

I second that motion. :|

But yeah, was there video? Did he think he was being funny or something by jumping in??

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

That's horrible! [:/] Poor Nathan. Is he ok gear-wise now? *Not* to sound pond-scummyish myself, but if he needs help, he is about D's size and Dave is looking to lose one of his rigs anyhoo. :(
(That was a sincere offer to Chromie, nothing else.)

Katie steps back fearing flames...