Emmie

Z1 Visor won't stay closed

Hi guys,

I have a Z1 issue and was wondering if anyone had similar problems, and if so, how you resolved them. The little knob thingie that opens and closes the visor doesn't seem to be keeping the visor closed anymore. It flying open on me in the tunnel last night, and I finally had to ducktape it to keep it shut. I took a look at it this morning, and it doesn't look broken or anything, so not sure what prompted this. It was sort of stuck before I put it on, so I'm thinking that maybe my trying to get it opened somehow broke it.
Anyway, is this a common Z1 problem? Is it fixable?

Thanks so much for your help!

Did you replace your faceshield lately. This problem is often caused by a misaligned faceshield which slightly changes the shape of the frame. I once got kicked in the face and it knocked the faceshield loose which I pushed back out in the air. I then couldn't keep the helmet closed until I pulled the faceshield off and replaced it.

Blue skies,

Jim

Nice strap modification!

The last time I replaced my face shield, and it was a bitch to do by myself until I found a 12 or 13 mm socket. Note to self, don't ever try this again the night before a big-way!

It would not stay consistently closed until I pushed a little on the front of the faceplate, locking in the little nob, for the next 10 or so jumps. It finally worked itself in to a seat and all was good.
Dano