LvB

Sabre² 135 in Icon I2

It will fit but your risking odd pulls of the D-bag which will induce line twist(ask me how I know), 2nd why would you want an I2 when the largest reserve is a 110 baring the optima reserves.
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

It will fit but your risking odd pulls of the D-bag which will induce line twist(ask me how I know), 2nd why would you want an I2 when the largest reserve is a 110 baring the optima reserves.

Would it really be this tight for the D-bag ?

The good point of I2, compared to I3, is that I don't need to buy a new rig if I decrease the size of my canopy.
I3 means 135 ft² is the minimum size for main canopy.

Check the aerodyne site, The I3 is made to hold main size from 117 to 132.

And when you get into x-braced you can step down alot further.

Currently my I2's consist of a VX 89, and JVX 83 and previously held the Velo 96 all with a good fit.

Although the JVX is pushing the limits.(hence the remark about the line twist due to packing volume being close to the 135).
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

A sabre2 135 will fit absolutely fine in a I3. As will a sabre2 120 or katana 120 or similar later on. I have an I3, I've had a vengeance 135 in it (doable but tight fit) down to a fusion 120 (excellent fit) that is also an excellent fit in my Atom that's made for a 110 sqft max. I now have a pilot 124 in my I3 which also fits fine (pilots pack up kinda big).

A very small rig (like my Atom 000 is) is a pain in the ^&* because you cannot put in a airlocked or crossbraced canopy of any decent size and even a 120 sqft canopy is often a tight fit. The reserves in these rigs are SMALL., trust me I've got a lot of reserve rides...

So unless you want to jump a 97 sqft or smaller regular canopy or a 90sqft or smaller airlocked/crossbraced one in the near future, and are ok with a mini reserve, I'd strongly suggest you buy the one size bigger rig (like Atom 00 or icon I3) as this will likely keep you happy the rest of your skydiving career ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I'm stuck with Icon/sabre² compatibility.

Sabre² 135 has 335 in^3 volume.
Icon I3 accepts 340/368 and I2 304/327...

Whatever size I can choose, none fits well.

Choosing the smallest rig based on your current canopy is not always smart. Suppose you get to the xbraced canopies with this rig, then it might be way too small

Bingo. Why not go with an I3 and have the bigger reserve? Plus, like was said earlier, the I2 may not fit any cross-braced canopy larger than a 96(ish).