wildrob

best f 111 9 cell made

Good day! What was or still is the best 9 cell f111 made or cur. made??? Not interested in hearing go zp, or why? If someone with knowledge of these canopy's could reply. Thanks for your constructive support!:ph34r:

Excalibur

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I did read your post and other then my reserve the only F111 canopy I really spent a lot of time under was the one I specified.

BTW I don't think PD is making anymore all F111 canopies other then the Reserve. No one really want's an F111 canopy anymore. They don't last very long.

Strangely enough .... I got my old (Glide Path International) Wildfire (serial #W-302) down from the loft yesterday... I've not jumped it for years and would like to again (so I'm going to ask my rigger to check her out).

I loved this canopy but when I moved on to a Sabre 1 @ 150 I put her in a bag and 'lost' her in my attic for more than a few years.

She looks in great shape (maybe a bit too Pink:$) - and hopefully will get a good, clean bill of health so that I can jump her this year.

Also, if she's in good nick I could be tempted to part with her (I have too many canopies already - or so my wife says).

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Good day! What was or still is the best 9 cell f111 made or cur. made??? Not interested in hearing go zp, or why? If someone with knowledge of these canopy's could reply. Thanks for your constructive support!:ph34r:

Excalibur

Ha, exactly what I was going to say!
Miami

Falcon by Precision... Last I heard, they can still be purchased.
Also TSO'd as a reserve.

EDIT: Found a photo of my Electric Banana (neon yellow with orange ribs). Still in service.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I've actually got a PD 9 Cell 150 that I'm borrowing at the mo whilst I save for something else. I've jumped this canopy in 190 and 170sq ft and like it. It's a good canopy for a newer jumper like me as it's not too radical and has a nice amount of flare (DOM is '94 I think but it's done less than 200 jumps).

I jumped a Sabre 150 the other week whilst my reserve was getting re-packed and you could really tell the difference - much more responsive when turning and seemed much faster.

I'm happy with this PD 9 Cell though for the moment. It does the job nicely.

Excalibur

Did you own, or still own one of those?

They are ledgendary in my mind. without that concept and jyros good brain we would not be where we are today in canopy piloting.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

loved this canopy but when I moved on to a Sabre 1 @ 150 I put her in a bag and 'lost' her in my attic for more than a few years.

She looks in great shape (maybe a bit too PinkBlush) - and hopefully will get a good, clean bill of health so that I can jump her this year.

Also, if she's in good nick I could be tempted to part with her (I have too many canopies already - or so my wife says).

Don't sell it, it has good history, I'm sure you wife has some dumb vase or something that has sentemetal value to her...

I have a 'Icarus from jyro' (icarus is the model name, Jyro is the brand) ZP 9cell 105 that was made in 1993, It is very pink indeed, but remember how cool pink was in the early 90's, come on you had those fluro shorts and tshirts too:P. That canopy was a predecessor to the beta and icarus canopies, also a ledgendary canopy. A 105sq/ft zp 9 cell would have been very high performance in 1993.

anyway back to the subject at hand;

I jumped a Falcon a fw times (170 I think?) it was a 9 cell f111 canopy, not that good by todays standards but they fly allright, it was the first canopy that I groundlaunched also, it had similar glide ratio to the zp canopies I flew off the same hill.

I could stand it up with a straight in approach and it was nowhere near new.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Excalibur

Did you own, or still own one of those?

They are ledgendary in my mind. without that concept and jyros good brain we would not be where we are today in canopy piloting.

I've got 3 or 4 of them in my gear room...one has two jumps on it!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Boy, if someone had a well-stored Strato-Cloud I'd be a buyer. I don't even remember the sq ft but it was the most predictable and fly friendly canopies I ever owned.
I think it had 9 cells but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

I jump a 195 Falcon, it's pretty worn, I dunno, maybe 800-1000 jumps... I like the fast openings, but other than that it's pretty boring and the flare is meh (talk about trying to flare it on a downwind landing lol, though it was fun anyway), but I shouldn't expect anything better from a worn F111...
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Two rig guy. One with the Falcon and one with a Safire 169 so I could vacillate between bold and boring. Boring was usually a sunset load, open high and face the sunset. Or, a nice high opening at sunset for a cross country. I remember a lot more of the boring ones than the bold ones. :D

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.