FootMount

FootMount smoke bracket with cutaway

I can think of only two reasons to cutaway a smoke bomb.

1: some kind of line entaglement.
2: some kind unusuaul burning - the damn thing is on fire.

In both cases, it would be hard to pull that pin, either because your feet are hanging in the lines or this smoke bomb is engulfed in flames. If you're going to go the way of a cuttaway, I would make the cuttaway pin/handle a lot easier to get to.

The last few times I've used smoke bombs, I simply used duct tape plus some cardboard as insulation. My "cuttaway" technique was as simple as kicking off my shoe.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Kind of hard to kick of a shoe when it is in a WS bootie.

i agree though, that cut away pin would be hard to reach and under tension if it had a line entanglement. I would also suggest a left foot bracket. A pilot chute can get hooked on a right side bracket.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

The FootMount is also made for left side,with a wire cutaway mounted on your hip.
Pictures are coming.
By the way the pin is not hard to pull out ,its ment to be used to drop the smoke can before you land or when you have landed so you can kick it away from your gear.

It looks like it may be TOO easy to cutaway. A cutaway smoke becomes a deadly falling object. Or incindary device, I saw one droped by accident start a brush fire.

You need to be able to get rid of it but it looks like that cable only needs to move an inch to release it.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

check out this link and feel free to use this design or any thing from it.

We stomped a grommet in the wingsuit at hip level and routed the cable inside the suit - never used it in an emergency but it worked great in every other instance (like when you want to release it on the ground

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2081098;search_string=smoke%20bracket;#2081098

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Kind of hard to kick of a shoe when it is in a WS bootie.

i agree though, that cut away pin would be hard to reach and under tension if it had a line entanglement. I would also suggest a left foot bracket. A pilot chute can get hooked on a right side bracket.

for whatever its worth...i always rig right side. i reach with my right hand and counter that with pulling the left leg in. the right foot is as far or farther than the left at release of the PC.

then again i do have fairly long legs....lol

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~