jtval

I broke my camera

I just went looking for the reciept. as of right now I dont know where it is. this sucks. I am going to NY on 4 weeks. (plenty of time to get a new one, but not enought time if I have to pay for it all over.)

I am so dissappointed.[:/]

Im going to see if I can push it back together and see it the LENS will stilkl work/focus.
My photos

My Videos

LOL Im not running ariound with me head cut off. I'm just aggrivated at my luck.

I just edited the orig post with a picture of said damage. I think I just threw away $650. THAT's what sucks. If I wasnt going to my brothers wedding in NY I would be able to buy another one. (not that I want to , I JUST bought this one)
Now everything I was planning ,with the camera, is probably out of the question. GRRR!:S
My photos

My Videos

Hi Jtval

From the tittle of your message it sounds like your upset:o:S.

Sorry to hear about your loss, The credit card thing is good, basewwd on your photo it looks to me like it got damaged in shipping, had a maufacturing defect.
etc.

I've contacted company's aboutout of warrenty problems and sometimes they replace the item.

Sorry for your loss:(:(:(

R.I.P.

The credit card thing is good, basewwd on your photo it looks to me like it got damaged in shipping, had a maufacturing defect.
etc.

You seem to be very wise in the ways of retail redemption. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

LOL

looks to me like it got damaged in shipping, had a maufacturing defect

GOOD POINT. Im sure it will work out I'll have to find the reciept and take it back to the store. I guess my Visa bill will work if I cant find the receipt
My photos

My Videos

Sorry to hear about your loss, The credit card thing is good, basewwd on your photo it looks to me like it got damaged in shipping, had a maufacturing defect.

Remind me not to sell you anything.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

does it still function properly? Some gaffers tape might keep intact if it still works...

Also, sony will repair damaged cameras for a fee of $289 (i think that's the #) unless the damage is really extensive. If you search around on their website, you can find the info and the listing of service centers you can send it to. plan to be without it for 6 weeks though.

Next time, buy from Ritz and get the ESP.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

If you had paid a few more bucks and got it from Ritz with the Ritz warranty, they'd fix it. Even if you dropped it from 13-5 and the pieces were smaller and more numerous.

Just a thought for anyone who is trying to pinch a few dollars buying from the cheapest supplier...

- Cajones

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

2 words

duct

tape

or go back to the store you bought it at and say "ya i think i will go ahead and get that extended service policy." Then bring it in few days later "oh my gosh i can't believe it broke the day after i got the protection plan!"
- INVIDKLLR -
www.invidkllr.com

I think It will still work in the air. It works now but I am afriad to leave debris at freefall speeds. I am gonna try to get a new one/replaced. the gaffers tape may end up being the fix for it.
My photos

My Videos

2 words

duct

tape

or go back to the store you bought it at and say "ya i think i will go ahead and get that extended service policy." Then bring it in few days later "oh my gosh i can't believe it broke the day after i got the protection plan!"

Don't ever put duct tape on a camera.

And going back to the store to buy the policy won't work. Besides, only Ritz has that type of policy, and you have to get it within 30 days. You have to show them the undamaged product before they'll sell you the policy. They're not that dumb.

edit to add: Cajones recently fixed someone's camera that had very similar damage. He has to take the camera completely apart to glue broken parts back together in the lense mount, and to bend some pieces back into place. You have to have the tiniest screw drivers (size 00 or 000 - available at Lowe's) and you have to be very careful not to damage the ribbon. It took him about 3 hourse to fix it.

peace
lew

Dude, that sucks! Chuck was that pissed when our portable DVD player got broke on accident during drunken bafoonery. Luckily, we got it through Best Buy and they exchanged it on the spot!

Now, go bat those pretty eyes at some chick and get it exchanged!;) (I know, not that easy, just thought I'd try to cheer you up!)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Now, go bat those pretty eyes at some chick and get it exchanged!

That only works for girls and you know it. Based on your avatar, I'll bet you have lot of luck with it too.;)
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

[reply
And going back to the store to buy the policy won't work. Besides, only Ritz has that type of policy, and you have to get it within 30 days.

i got a 5 year ESP from Good Guys for my PC120... its a little more than the Sony repair fee....but since there is the chance of a fairly significant;) drop it seemed worth it to me...

I just dropped my camera( BRAND NEW TRV22) the lens piece almost broke off. not that any one can do anything but I JUST fucking broke a brand new 650 videocamera.....FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you $10 for it! You can put that towards your new one.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I just dropped my camera( BRAND NEW TRV22) the lens piece almost broke off. not that any one can do anything but I JUST fucking broke a brand new 650 videocamera.....FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you $10 for it! You can put that towards your new one.:)

I can probably replace the board in my TRV19 with his and get those extra functions.

I up it to $25!

;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

And going back to the store to buy the policy won't work. Besides, only Ritz has that type of policy, and you have to get it within 30 days.

i got a 5 year ESP from Good Guys for my PC120... its a little more than the Sony repair fee....but since there is the chance of a fairly significant;) drop it seemed worth it to me...

Is it the GE Warranty descibed on their website here?
Or is it really the same as Ritz's? I'd be surprised if it's the same as Ritz, I have yet to find one that will cover accidental damage like Ritz. What do the details of your policy say?

peace
lew

LOL

looks to me like it got damaged in shipping, had a maufacturing defect

GOOD POINT. Im sure it will work out I'll have to find the reciept and take it back to the store. I guess my Visa bill will work if I cant find the receipt

actually, if you bought it from a store like best buy, they can look it up for you by your credit card... they did that for me when i was returning soomething w/o the reciept..

-Seth :)