jb88ci

*RESOLVED* dz.com gear deal gone bad

He tried very, very diligently, to resolve this without publicity.

Wendy:

We are in 100% agreement on this point. But AFTER he recieved his money, he offered this:

thanks for taking care of this joe, et al....

i did get my refund, i hope that the mods can delete my post now, so that nobody thinks its sour grapes....

He offered this after he recovered his funds. I just don't think it's appropiate to go that route. I've had these same problems in the past, and I've always taken care of my own business. Anytime you make a PayPal transaction, ya gotta know you may get the prod instead of the product. The deal should have been brokered. IMHO. :)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Hi Wendy,

+1

JerryBaumchen

+2

Same goes for that girl who complained about the jumpsuit deal gone bad with the Australian or New Zealand guy (forget which country) that was posted in The Bonfire. She tried everything she could think of to no avail, before coming on here.

+3

Maybe it was actually this thread that lit the fire.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

What else could he have done in your estimation?

Don't do business with people whom your not really familiar with. I've bought & sold a lot of equipment here on DZ.Com and have NEVER had the first problem. I don't know what happened in his case, but I would have took care of it myself one way or another. The biggest thing that annoyed me was after he got his $$$ he made a request for the greenies to remove his post. "So there wouldn't be any sour grapes" He had a sour grape taste in his mouth before he ever posted that OP. Cha! ;) Personally, I would have brokered the deal the same way I do when I buy firearms.

It's not enough money to fly out there to talk to him one-on-one. It's an honest question; if there are other ways.

Hopefully I've addressed your query. I agree with everything you've said above, I'm in no disagreement whatsoever.

I'm sure there are folks who would appreciate hearing them.

Be honest, there's a lot worse things that could happen to one's self....right? If that's the worst thing he goes through in the next 12 months, he's a lucky man! :)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

The biggest thing that annoyed me was after he got his $$$ he made a request for the greenies to remove his post. "So there wouldn't be any sour grapes"

I think maybe the quoted part of my post was misinterpretted. The sour grapes comment was more concerning leaving the post up and roasting the vendor over the fire after I'd gotten my refund, which I did wait six months for.

I totally had sour grapes taste when I posted, originally as I had made significant efforts to resolve this privately

I thought taking down the post would be the right thing to do, instead of rubbing someones nose in it.

I'm not going to say too much more about this deal as I've had a very apologetic email from Joe and we did finally resolve the issue.

If/when we meet up somewhere, I'm buying the first round.

well, i kinda had the same problem, with someone well known on here; after waiting for more than two months, i kinda got frustrated..

it all worked out pleasantly well in the end!

but yea, consider this, you shell out 2 grand to begin with, nothing comes, emails dont get answered, phone-calls will eventually..

nobody is safe from scamming really!

but yea, if things go south for the seller, it may be troublesome for the buyer; and bringing it to public attention may in the end get you for what you paid for..

i'd still buy from the guy i havent named; he seems to be honest, and as i said, after waiting some, it all worked out! :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

...Again, I feel terrible and I'm nothing but embarrassed and sorry.

Best of luck John! Let me know if the PayPal payment went thru ok!

This is the end of the seller's reply.

I don't see any anger or resentments from him, just a simple admission that it was his fault and an apology.

I don't really see how anyone other than the seller has much grounds to bitch.

Would it have turned out ok if the OP hadn't come on here and complained?
I'm guessing probably.

But it turned out ok in the end.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The same CLOWN (jerryvan) owes to me, still:

1. Refund/or 2 sets of Cypres 1 batteries. Were advertised brand new, were delivered dead. It has been 2 years now since;
No refund no new batteries.

2. Set of SS mirii non velcro risers with toggles, advertised as new, with only 50 jumps on the set.
What was delivered is absolutely worn out set of risers, 600 jumps or so. I've been jumping since '98 so i know how set of risers with 50 jumps suppose to look like. Shipped them back.
What was delivered in return is wide velcro set of risers, cadmium hardware; I told the guy that's not what you advertised/i paid $$$ for. I'm yet to hear back from him on that.

3 Then the same clown shipped to me 2 sliders for the main canopies, explaining in the following e-mail that i might need those; Gave him a call, he said he thought i need those, i could not believe it.... Never asked him to ship to me sliders, never ever. I'm still in possession of both.
And shipping back the above from AU to US is a pricey exercise, so i kinda gave up.

4. And maybe something else, have to review my e-mails from him that are 2 years old by now.

The above mentioned issue are still not resolved.

All the above mentioned issues are relatively small but annoying.
Good reflection of the guy's attitude and businesses practices though.

And he is trying to sell a pilot chute in his new posted ad:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=94624;d=1

Watch out, you may receive a set of postcards instead, as he might decide that you need those more than the pilot chute, which is handy to have anyway for the upcoming Christmas.

It sucks when that happens. I try to stick with known names when buying anything. Risk is not worth few bucks you will (maybe) save.
Paragear and chuting star will ship the same day or as promissed if something is on backorder ;) At least from my experience.
I've been trying to buy a suit though and some companies seem not to be eager to sell since they don't reply for a week or more after I placed an order. Kinda disappointing.
facebook.com/trig78

sorry about the long reply,Now to jerryvan, He started to ignore me after the numerous emails i sent, i tried to report him on a separate forum page, The result was alot critcism directed at me and barely anyone took warning :(, hopefully now someone will report him.

K.C./Kennethwill

FWIW, my opinion.

If time and communication does not fix the problem, then coming here publicly is fair game.

There have been several cases of problems being resolved only after going public....and resolution is what it's about, after all.

On top of that, I, for one, like to know who NOT to deal with.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239