donkeyboy30

What's you level of Education? revised

Ok, Good question about our education.....but more importantly what jobs are we all doing to fund are addiction.....

I'm very new to the sport and looking at getting a 2nd job to raise the capital for my own rig/AFF course??......for example do we have Pizza Delivery guys earning a crust (excuse the pun) jumping out of planes (very likely) or your local mayor (and were paying for them to jump via our taxes)???......I'm a Risk Manager (funnily enough) earning the average UK wage.

I don't mean to get up anyone's nose's etc, just curious.

B|;)

-----------------------------------------------
"What goes up, must come down, but in style"

I'm senior photo editor for Playboy Magazine.

But, no one seems to believe me when I tell them that, so the story I usually go with is:

When I started jumping, I was a medic in the US Navy. Now I'm a computer geek at large.

See how this second story is a little more plausible? Still, I don't know why people can't just accept the truth and be happy for me.

Good luck,

topher

PS - Bachelor of Science in Business Admin

"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

I'd have more respect for you if you weren't wearing that Favre jersey....(coming from a cheesehead, that says something) ;)

I used to be a truck driver/car hauler, and made VERY good money.

Now I'm a college student with no money, working towards being a teacher so I can make even less money, but get the summers off.
:)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I'd have more respect for you if you weren't wearing that Favre jersey....(coming from a cheesehead, that says something) ;)

:o REV!!! :o I'm so disappointed in you. How can you not like Farve? He's a Green Bay Packer!

Now....just gotta make sure this football season I can get the Packer games here in Florida, but I should be able to at least go see a Green Bay/Tampa Bay game. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I'd have more respect for you if you weren't wearing that Favre jersey....(coming from a cheesehead, that says something);)

Are you still a Cheesehead?

And, you see, when I was holding the big ol' 12 Guage Pump we called 'Sam', people didn't need to respect me for the jersey. ;)

"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

No education beyond high school.

Worked blue collar jobs for 10 years and made shit. Couldnt afford jumping. Tried to get into it but had to quit.
Taught myself UNIX systems and worked my way into the computer field. Now after a number of years in this field I'm earning a very comfortable living and now I CAN AFFORD TO JUMP

I recommend the education. :-)
I got here without it but it took years longer to reach the point I'm at now.
Managing to become sucessful without going to college
makes me afraid that my kids will say
"Dad didnt go to college and look at him! Screw College!"
__

My mighty steed

I'm a Copywriter at an ad agency. Basically i come up with ads for TV, radio, magazines and newspapers - working primarily on Mercedes-Benz and Levis. It's fun and it keeps me in jumps :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I have 20 years of education..
yep I went to the 10 grade twice!

electronic technician (2 yr school RETS Elecronc school) (former companies..Fairchild/Xincom..out of buisness..memory chip testers, Practical Peripherals (modems) out of buisness, Wordplex (wordprocessors..moved out of country, then out of buisness, PowerONE DC Power Supplies), Schlumberge ATE Equipment.

I believe all the above plays part in education.

Present a QA Tester for Harbor Freight Tools (most versatile interesting job EVER I HAD) beat the sh*t out of a bench tech!
..but deliver pizza PT for the exra dough har har

11th grade - [:/]

But now I fund my habit by working with a construction company - assistant project manager for jobs ranging up to 20 million.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Very varied then, when it come's to people's job's..........So far we've had 1 pizza delivery, although part time (I just knew it), no mayor's and advertising/media seems to be the industry to be in to be able to afford skydiving.

On that note, I'll get typing my letter of resignation B|;)

(Thanks for your comments)

-----------------------------------------------
"What goes up, must come down, but in style"

I have a degree in sociology, and I manage a group of programmers for the space shuttle's onboard computers.

Yes, it's cool to be able to say that :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've been a career student. I have a BS in Political Science and a BA in French. I then received an MBA. That sucked so I went to MIT and received a double PhD in astrophysics and hydrophysics. I don't really like the people I've worked with because most of them are geeks. So, now I'm going to "Cutaway" and move to a DZ and live in a trailer because I want to be just like the best actor in the world, Stephen Baldwin. Yes, yes, yes! ;)

So, now I'm going to "Cutaway" and move to a DZ and live in a trailer because I want to be just like the best actor in the world, Stephen Baldwin. Yes, yes, yes! ;)

Except he lived in a tent. Oh yeah, and he's an idiot B|
__

My mighty steed

I am a Golf Professional. Dont let Tiger, or Phil, and Ernie fool you....they make bank....I make well.....not bank. I love my work though and have never been happier.

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

I am a Golf Professional. Dont let Tiger, or Phil, and Ernie fool you....they make bank....I make well.....not bank. I love my work though and have never been happier.

Joe

I'd give anything to have this job! I just need to learn how to play well I guess:ph34r:.

haha....i can teach you for a nominal fee of $80 an hour.:D or I could ive you the $700 in golf lessons Igive away each year for jump tickets....its your choice.:P

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.

BS in pastoral ministry (BS part is very descriptive) One class shy of my MA in Theology. I pastor a church full of bikers and skydivers. But I cartoon and illustrate for magazines as well as web design to fund my skydiving habit. Fortunately now as a coach, I teach/coach and fly video to offset skydiving cost too.

I work as a CNC machinist for a local business in Golden. We manufacture a robotic telescope mount which is the jam, and thus affords the business to pay me well. ;)

Oh yah, 3 years college right now, 2 more for MA in mechanical eng. and BA in physics.

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

I cant garrantee your work ethics, but I can garrantee I will give you the proper tools, and knowledge to get you there faster.

Deal?

joe

I cant garrantee your work ethics, but I can garrantee I will give you the proper tools, and knowledge to get you there faster.

Deal?

joe

Well we're gettin' there. I was looking for the guaranteed spot on the tour as well as the steady income. Then we have the deal.

that I cannot garrantee. What if you just suck? lol;)

No matter how much instruction I give you the end result is the same.:P

Joe