Nightingale

Canopy Control Course: where??

I need to learn more canopy skills. I think I've finally figured out the landing thing (thanks, Jeanne and Lisa!), and I know there's so much more to learn.

I don't know where to go. Perris or Elsinore? The canopy control courses cost a lot, and I want to make sure I get the most for my money.

Has anyone taken the classes at either of these DZs? What was involved/included in the course?

Yes, I took the class offered at Perris. It kept me in the sport...not that I land perfectly or anything, but I understand things much better, which allows me to continue to learn on my own.

She put a big post up about it some time ago

Here ya go...

43 Jump Wonder

Made a huge difference to me.

This is not to say that Elsi doesn't have a great one...I can only speak to Perris's because that's the one I took.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I took the course at Perris with Jim Slaton. Within the first 15 minutes I learned something new. I had heard how good the course was 2 years ago when I was taking the coaches course at Perris. Everyone can learn from it - regardless of your skill level or what you want to accomplish. I told Jim I was not interested in hook turns/swooping but learned the basic components of what that involves. He also has a new website where you can get "virtual" training. It's www.canopypiloting.com. Check it out.

The courses are great, but don't underestimate the value of working with some local experienced skydivers. Might save you a bit of money, and if you end up taking the course it might give you a little more frame of reference.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I took the CC course at Perris with Clint Clawson in Janaury. Clint was great. Lots of ground instruction before jumps and debreifing of the videos of our jumps afterwards. Clint even helped us with our exits. I learned so much, and was able to downsize after the class. My landings are still not always great, but have improved a lot. I would highly recommend the class.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller