Dougiefresh

doggy abuse

So I realized yesterday that my neighbor kicks his dogs. :( As a dog lover and owner myself, I'm sorely tempted to just call the police on his ass. And he's kind of a meathead, so I doubt saying something to him would do any good.

Ideas?

My doggy is on the right, her name is Sylvia. How could you hurt something so CUTE?!?!
:)
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Please, please, please make that call. If something were to happen to the dog, and you hadn't reported it, how would you feel?

I have three dogs and I've rescued them all from very bad situations.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

From ASPCA's site...
http://www.aspca.org/site/FrameSet?style=Animal

1. Citizens Humane Society

P.O. Box 335
Milltown, WI 54858
(715) 825 3680 [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Countryside Humane Society, Inc.
http://www.countrysidehumanesociety.org/
2706 Chicory Rd.
Racine, WI 53403 -4011
(262) 554 6699

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Dane County Humane Society
http://www.giveshelter.org/
5132 Voges Rd.
Madison, WI 53718
(608) 838 0413 [email protected]

4. Eastern Wisconsin SPCA
http://www.ewspca.com
P.O. Box 143
Plymouth, WI 53073 -
(920) 893-5444 [email protected]

5. Eau Claire County Humane Association
http://www.webteam.net/eccha/
3800 Old Town Hall Rd.
EAU CLAIRE, WI 54701
(715) 839 4747

6. Orphaned Kanines

1922 Kremer Avenue
Racine, WI 53402
(262) 681 1415

my neighbob once mased my dog for barking at him.

I was so pissed, me and him had "words"

oh yeah make the call if you see it, if you could get it on video it would be even better
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

Yeah, I'm gonna call. And invest in a camera, that's a great idea. Hoist him by his own petard, or whatever the expression is. Thanks for the help guys.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Definately call someone! I think you might get a better response from one of the animal organziations (such as your local SPCA group). My parents rescued a beautiful Husky from a very abusive owner a few years back. My mom saw the husky w/ the abusive owner in the Vet's office. She called SPCA, got an animal abuse investigator involved and the abusive owner's life was made into a living hell - not to mention they got the huskey, a rotweiller, and six puppies out of there! (They kept the huskey and SPCA found a home for the Rotweiller and the 6 puppies).

I've found that the animal organizations are more likely to pursue charges in court on animal abuse, than the local police or sheriff's office.

I hope it works out for you and I always admire a fellow dog lover who looks out for other dogs, even if they're not you're own.

Good luck!!~~Zilla

Keep up the good work!!!

I've found that the animal organizations are more likely to pursue charges in court on animal abuse, than the local police or sheriff's office.

This would be my suggestion, too. The police won't necessarily be able/willing to work on this as dilligently as an animal organization can. An organization, on the other hand, is better equipped legally and manpower wise to make sure -something- is done, and every case I've ever heard of reported has always been investigated.

I could live to be a thousand and I'd still never understand why someone could be cruel to a defenseless animal.

Call made. Animal control officer will come over tonight and "talk to him". Hopefully she'll pack the brass knuckles. She said that she can't ticket him or press charges unless the damage is visibly obvious, which of course it won't be.

I almost hope his place is a shithole, so that she can walk in and just see that animals shouldn't be there.

I'm actually trembling, this sort of stuff just wrecks me. My god, I can jump but I can't confront an asshole? What the hell is wrong with me? :S

Dougiefresh,

Take the high road on this one. I envision something involving a pellet gun, ski mask, and duct tape.

Being a fellow Wisconsinite, I am willing to help.

- topher

Make the call... B|

PS. GAH whats with all the wisconsin jumpers who goto SDC when there is a perfectly good DZ here :P:P:D:ph34r:
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I'm actually trembling, this sort of stuff just wrecks me. My god, I can jump but I can't confront an asshole? What the hell is wrong with me? :S

I've learned the hard way not to handle situations like this myself, and let the authorities do it. I tried to be reasonable with an unreasonable neighbor and she made my life hell until I moved. Trust me, you did the right thing.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

I don't know what the laws are in Wisconsin, but in many states, animal abuse is treated the same as child abuse. In some states, ASPCA have police powers.

Now having said that, since you just realized this yesterday, you might want to make sure that this is consistent behavior before you make the call.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I can jump but I can't confront an asshole?

We had a "Jethro" just like that living next door to us
at the 'old' house we were living in...[:/]

I had the same feeling, that talking would do no good.

So...
One holiday weekend...about an hour after he had been
in his back yard whomping on his dog.>:(

He and his 'friends and family' were in the front yard
doing the brew & bar-b-que routine.
I had one of the kids stuffed animals in the driveway
and just beat the shit out of shit for 5 minutes...:o

His whole group looking at me like I'm nuts,
After I was SURE I got his attention...
I looked right at him and said~

"Remind you of this morning and 'Blackie'?"

He never said a word,
and didn't abuse the dog to my knowledge after that...

(We always wondered if his kids got the same treatment.)

You did the right thing!B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

:)
That's a great way to handle it.

Unfortunately Sylvia would be really mad at me if I kicked one of her chewtoys. :P

Call made. Animal control officer will come over tonight and "talk to him". Hopefully she'll pack the brass knuckles. She said that she can't ticket him or press charges unless the damage is visibly obvious, which of course it won't be.

I almost hope his place is a shithole, so that she can walk in and just see that animals shouldn't be there.

You did the right thing. I hate bullies! >:(>:(

Good work. I hope the dogs are ok!

Frank.

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Call made. Animal control officer will come over tonight and "talk to him".

good! follow up and keep an eye on him to make sure something is done.

i've heard some horrible animal abuse tales. it makes me sick. i'm totally disgusted by what people can get away with when it comes to animal cruelty.
>:( >:( >:(

I'm actually trembling, this sort of stuff just wrecks me. My god, I can jump but I can't confront an asshole? What the hell is wrong with me?

this should be the least of your concerns. First off you have taken action on the situation. Good job on that. Now as for you not being able to confront him, dont worry about it. I am a very agresive person who would say something if i say it, but your not so what. We are all different, we are all programed differently, we are all made to be ourselves. You are no less of a person cause you didnt go confront him. But i would say you are a stronger person than me cause i would not have called the authorties, i would have just gone over to hm put a round house in his chest and asked him how he liked it....

You did the right thing, dont be ashamed of letting someone else handle the situation. Cause in the long run, the authorties will have a better chance of fixing the problem than you or me
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

i would have just gone over to hm put a round house in his chest and asked him how he liked it....

Don't think I wasn't tempted. But the first thing I was taught in martial arts is that it is used for defense, not offense.

I'm more afraid of his 250+ lb roommates than him. You just never know what dumb people in groups are capable of. Just look at the Bush administration. :P Sorry, sorry, wrong forum, won't happen again. :)