thrillstalker

fat suit?

i need to get a jumpsuit. i am a really fast faller. i am more interested in freeflying than rw, but for now i need something that will work for both. whats the best suit that is versatile and will slow my fat ass down?

thanks
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

silly answer, but it's the best: FLy your body before just adding drag.

A lot of drag will reduce fall rate, but also limits your ability to move around in the sky. Of course you will be able to move around, you're not going to be stuck up there. But it will be slower and not as clean as with a less baggy suit.

With that said, suit makers are skilled and will help you out with adding drag if you point out our high fall rate. Cotton font and maybe cordura on some parts. But I wouldn't recommend getting a pricy first suit out of 2 reasons: you're more likely to land rough in the beginning and after getting some more jumps you'll know more what you like, and not like.

It's hard to fall faster then the others, cause it's not fun looking up at them all the time =P I've done it my self... my best advice would be to train effectively and get coaching in both RW and FF.

Good luck :)

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

whats the best suit that is versatile and will slow my fat ass down?

probably a 7 mil neoprene wetsuit
wear it 20 hours each day and jog and bicycle in it

your fall rate will slow down after about a month :P

there's about 50 threads on suits for fast fallers - you'll find a lot of info with a search - suits only do so much but they can help, you have to learn to fly also

good luck

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

OH yeah? my wife builds a suit that deploys mini helicopter fans that bring you back up to the formation and then washes your dishes in the camper while you are out at the bonfire.....

go go gadget suit....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

whats the best suit that is versatile and will slow my fat ass down?

probably a 7 mil neoprene wetsuit
wear it 20 hours each day and jog and bicycle in it

your fall rate will slow down after about a month :P

there's about 50 threads on suits for fast fallers - you'll find a lot of info with a search - suits only do so much but they can help, you have to learn to fly also

good luck

less than a year ago i was over 275. now im at 235 and still loosing, but thanks for the fat joke anyway.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."