Brains

Which is better

Ok, so i am an idiot. There is this girl that i really would like to know better. I see her almost daily in a semi-working type relationship (she works at my bank) Would it be better to ask her to lunch, or to dinner. Assuming i work up the nerve to actually ask. [:/]

Girls, does it matter, would you prefer one over the other??

Signed, scared and confused.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I think I would prefer dinner, because at lunch I always need to de-stress, and a first date is not the way to do that. But there is the nice, non-committal feeling to lunch that can help if she scares easily. Play it by ear . . .

Eh, just ask her if she'd like to come by your place after work, where you'll be waiting, stark-naked and wearing a big red bow. ;):D

neither. ask her for coffee.

Get outta my head!

Jeff - i was just going to PM this top you - but Nighty already said it. It's non confrontational - quick, inexpensive, but can last as long as is comfortable.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Brains,

Ask her to dinner. And, make it Italian or Mexican food.

Why?

Well, because it's impossible to eat either while completely maintaining your dignity. You're either going to splash sauce all over yourself or send bits of taco shell flying. In this way, you get the whole embarassment thing out of the way and are able to be yourselves more easily.

Of course, a good messy Gyro works, too.

- topher

"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

Eh, just ask her if she'd like to come by your place after work, where you'll be waiting, stark-naked and wearing a big red bow. ;):D

Red - That's Third Place - right?

I'll have a Blue one on.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Ask her for a drink after work.. that way it can lead into dinner if things are going well.. but make sure she is not dating anyone first.. :P

Good thought Roy but i don't know if she drinks or not. Come to think of it, i'm not sure she is old enough to drink:o kidding.:D

Kris and Clint, no coffee shops around here, not close anyway that we could go to.

OK - so bring some with you. It's harder to say no when confronted by someone that brings you gifts. Expecially harmless ones.;)

but make sure she is not dating anyone first.. - chopchop

Brains,

It doesn't matter if she's dating anyone right now or not. If you find a girl interesting, cute, etc., then ask her out.

When someone expresses interest in a person, it is generally a flattering thing - if it's kept in control. So, whether she's dating someone or not, you could make her day. And, whether she's dating someone or not, she could still say, "you betcha big fella".

Go for it!

But still, make it Italian or Mexican food...

topher

note - chopchop put that up there for a reason...:)

"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

.. and wear that tight black tshirt you wore on saturday.. she'll be goin woooowooo!!!!

Can't wear that to work, besides that was just for you.;)

Thanks for the advice all. I will let you all know how it goes. As for the dz thing, not sure about that, sometimes it is nice to have a life away from that place. ;)

As for the dz thing, not sure about that, sometimes it is nice to have a life away from that place. ;)

BLASPHEMY!!!!:P

No coffee shops!?!?!?!?!?:o That's what you get for living outside the LOOP.

I can't imagine you being nervous about asking her out???

On the other hand, it does explain why you're always groping me at the dropzone.:P:P
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Can't wear that to work, besides that was just for you.;)

Well then.. glad I noticed! ;)

As for the dz thing, not sure about that, sometimes it is nice to have a life away from that place. ;)

Thats why you go to other dz's .. duh. I haven't been to my home dz in a month.. and wont be there for three more weeks. They've probably forgotten all about me :(

Red - That's Third Place - right?

I'll have a Blue one on.:)

:D:D:D:D:D:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

neither. ask her for coffee.

Yeah, I was about to say that too. A good icebreaker is "Coffee and Dessert", espeically if you know a nice place serves both. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!