chicolad

Possible training/FS1 in spain?

Hi,
I'm new on here and have been skydiving for about 2 years. I went to Spain and got Aff last May after a few static lines. Done 10 consol jumps and came back and have only jumped once last summer.

I'm thinking about going to Empuria at the end of the month.

Is it possible that I could get FS1 withing a week? I'm assuming that I would have to retrain in some form. I still don't have CH1 and no tunnel time.

Is there other training that I should maybe try and learn first like canopy control or anything?

Feeling a bit lost but really want to get back into jumping. Done my AFF in Seville but not sure if I want to go back there as want to explore new DZs

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I'm thinking about going to Empuria at the end of the month.

Good choice! One of my favourite places...

Is it possible that I could get FS1 within a week?

How long is a piece of string? You should be ok with the weather so yes, you may well be able to get FS1 in a week but it depends how easily you pick it up. Some tunnel time in advance would definitely help, but I can see that if you are in Scotlandia that could be tricky...

I still don't have CH1

You could work on the two together but getting signed off for CH1 in Spain could be tricky, and it would also mean going out there as a student rather than a licenced skydiver, which complicates matters - get the CH1 done before you go, its not hard.

Is there other training that I should maybe try and learn first like canopy control or anything?

Always a good call to learn more canopy control...

Most of all, keep it going - its too easy to get out of the DZ habit now and you will regret it later... :P:)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Yes, I believe you could most likely complete your FS1 within one week... You could easily do 50 jumps a week if you're up to it... weather permitting.

Call or email Skydive Empuriabrava and ask if you can book a Skydive U course with either Fran or Felix. They are both great instructors.

I did my FS1 with Fran at Empuria in 2 days, and that included repeating 4 jumps that I didn't nail.

My only caveat with Emp would be the wind - I've been grounded there for a week solid before, so that may catch you out - I'm not sure what it's like this time of year though.

Getting your CH1 is easy - just explain at the office that you need to do it, and they'll get the BPA instructors to keep an eye on you and go over your jumps. I did my CH2 there in March this year.