EVOL

Javelin Gear Bag?

I am about to buy a new Javelin Odyssey and I am trying to decide if I want the matching gear bag with it.

I have never seen the Javelin Gear Bags. There is the mini, normal, and extra large gear bag option. I am interested in the normal (mid) size but I would like to see what they all look like.

Would some of you be kind enough to post pictures of your javelin gear bags and include what size they are?

Javelin doesn't have any pics up on their new website.

Cheers!

I have seen the other gear bags available but I have never seen the Javelin ones. I am not looking for a really large bag. Instead I would like something like a backpack or cover for when I travel and store my rig.

I am an airline pilot. I jumpseat all the time (fly for free in uniform as a crewmember) and it does not look good when a pilot in uniform boards a plane wearing a parachute. Im looking for something more like a backpack that makes it a little more subtile.

I know the next thing someone will say is put it in your carry-on. However, I dont check bags because I'm not a paying passenger and I need my carry-on for my clothes and other gear.

Javelin makes 3 sizes of gear bags and I would like to see what they look like before I buy.

I already have the big ones that store all my crap.

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers!

Don't know anything about the Javelin Gear Bags, however, just purchased this one from Square 1..

https://www.square1.com/manufacturers/square1/p146.asp#GearBag

It has the straps that convert from hand-held to backpack. Couldn't beat the price at 50% off.
www.apt3studios.com
www.musicpromotiononline.com
www.internetcafegaming.com
D.S. # 4321

For carry on purposes I highly suggest looking at regular back packs or daypacks/hiking backpacks that just fit youf rig. They will be smaller in dimensions and more comfortable lugging around the airport. I use an old eagle creek backpacking pack I have. works perfect and is smaller than any other gear bag.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am still looking for a picture of a Javelin Gear Bag. Not even Javelin will send me a picture.

Apparently they are as elusive as Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.

For the record Javelin CS has been non-existent through my container order process. No returned phone calls and very short on the phone. Not what I would have expected.

Sky Train by Redoxx. Can't beat the quality! I bought one of their bags and thought it looked very well built, same materials and methods as a rig. i mentioned that when i was asking them about something. They told me that the company was founded by a couple of ex military riggers. B|

it's not a rig bag as such, but it doesn look quite professional, is available in many colors, it's a max-carry on size and it will last you for ever.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001