slug

Ronald Regan Posts

Hi Folks

In the spirit of cooperation and communication in a intelligent adult manner will The DZ.com family please take the above poll to express their opinion as the correct forum to discuss one of our past political leaders.:)

Have a nice day.:)
R.I.P.

I voted Bonfire because discussing the life of Ronald Reagan isnt the same thing as expressing political opinions.
Just because he was a politician (among other things) doent mean that any discussion referencing him needs to go where political discussions go.

He was a man.
__

My mighty steed

Depends on the nature of the post. If it is to say farewell or post informative sites to honor a great man then Bonfire. If it's for all the other worthless meaningless crap you all debate pointlessly back and forth then the Speakers Corner.

Man, Slug, you spend a great deal of time worrying about the Moderator's job. Relax and let them do theirs.

Forty-two

I voted speakers corner, because there are some who can't just say "he was a good guy, sorry bout Nancy's loss", but have to put in their own political opinions, liberal or conservative. While a discussion may start out as a "sorry he's gone" thread, it won't stay that way, no matter where its posted, so it should probably be in speakers corner to begin with.

Tuna said

"Man, Slug, you spend a great deal of time worrying about the Moderator's job. Relax and let them do theirs.

"

R.I.P. said

Man Tuna you spend a great deal of time worrying about my posts. Relax and let The folks on DZ.com enjoy the websight.:)
If you don't understand my response just raise your right hand and I'll get back to you via PM:P

R.I.P.

Wait a minute . . . are we including this post?

Hi Quade

Your the moderator remember:S and you don't know:o

Lets see how the poll works out, so feel free to PM your buddies if you want and we'll see the results of this poll.

R.I.P.

We are enjoying the website. Take a gander at your most voted for option in this poll. Maybe that's a sign.

OK Tuna you can lower you hand now. The STFU was a ringer. It proves my point. Tsk Tsk a Troll? Not really Did the big tuna and others take the bait, hook line and sinker:P

R.I.P.

Nawww, I have a -much- better idea.

When making a post, put it in the Forum in which it best matches the description of the Forum.

If one of the Moderators feels it doesn't belong there, he or she will put it where -they- think it belongs.

If you think a thread is in the wrong Forum and it -really, really, really- bugs you, drop a note to one of the Moderators of that particular Forum and then -- let it go.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm just being picky, but I wonder how many years a man has to be President before people will spell his name correctly. This isn't the first time I've seen this on the forums. :S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm just being picky, but I wonder how many years a man has to be President before people will spell his name correctly. This isn't the first time I've seen this on the forums. :S

Hi Skymama

Kennedy, Nixon (tricky dicky), Clinton (slick willie), Bush (GW), Johnson (LBJ) Ford are easy even for us barefoot toothless Hill Billies, Ike aka Eisenhower (sp?) is a little harder.

Regan, Raegon, is a lot harder to spell correctly nothing personnel to the ex pres. Not sure what a spell checker would come up with.

R.I.P.

We have a special place for that. ;)

perhaps we should petition HH for a forum to argue about which forum an argument belongs in? ;):P

Hehe, I keep thinking they'll grasp onto the whole diminishing returns concept ...been thinking that a while. :)

Michael

Depends what you say about him. If it's "RIP" then bonfire. If it's "He was Republican and I love/hate him because of it" then Speaker's.

Seems obvious to me, but of course, I'm a friggin genius. :P
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Reagan's value as a president is evident by the hatred spewed at him by the left.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

If we were talking about Ronald Reagan the actor I would say Bonfire.
~~Honoring a great man.
But... we are talking about Ronald Reagan the former president whom many would feel very differently.
If it was Bush Sr. I'd say bonfire,(he seems to dig jumping out of planes)
Reagan gets the speakers corner :P
my 2¢
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"